USB charging

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 940 LIVE
Hi all

how long does it take to charge when doing it via just the usb connection while connected to TT Home ?

cheers

If you have your unit connected to Home, make sure you also have the power plugged into the dock. I would say a little plus 2 hours.

will it not charge off just the USB.

when you switch on the device in TT Home and click on the sats
it shows the battery charging and says charging under the battery

the 510, 710 and 910 TomTom units do not charge via the USB, you must always charge the unit using the supplied adapter or in the Vehicle mount.

My ONE charges fine in the USB connection. I just have to turn it OFF to get a charge. I've had the battery down about 1/2 way and used my laptop USB to charge it back up. I don't know how long it took though.... wasn't paying attention.

But it does charge!

I assume the best way to be certain is to see of the green light turns on when it's connected. I know with my 910 it doesn't.

Could one of you let me know if the GO300 charges through the USB port? I installed the new maps using HOME and then disconnected by clicking the My Device button and powered off the GO300 using the power button and then it goes to a gray screen and stops responding to any command. Based on what I read here it could be that my battery is down. I guess I could charge it using my car mount, but it would be nice if the GO300 charged from the USB port.

Could one of you let me know if the GO300 charges through the USB port? I installed the new maps using HOME and then disconnected by clicking the My Device button and powered off the GO300 using the power button and then it goes to a gray screen and stops responding to any command. Based on what I read here it could be that my battery is down. I guess I could charge it using my car mount, but it would be nice if the GO300 charged from the USB port.

When you plug in the unit via usb the power indicator light should turn on indicating charging.

Last edited:
What's up everyone!?!?

This is my VERY FIRST post on this forum (THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE WELCOMES). I have a TomTom One and I wanted to know how long would it take for the TomTom to get a full charge while it's connected to USB Home Charger (not connected to the USB port of a PC)?

This looks like a great forum and I can't wait to utilize it to get a better experience with my TomTom!

I believe its 4 hours. You can check if its done charging by looking at the battery indicator. If the word 'charging' is not displayed its fully charged.

the 510, 710 and 910 TomTom units do not charge via the USB, you must always charge the unit using the supplied adapter or in the Vehicle mount.

Pirret is correct. My 510 needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet while connected to Home in order to charge.

Ask a Question