USB cable falls out of unit

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
First time poster here. I've poked around for a while, but it does not seem like this is a common problem.

My wife has a Go 920 and tells me the right angle USB connector falls out of the bottom of the unit while she is driving around. She either tries to hold it in with her hand or just gives up and goes without the aid of the GPS (NOT a good thing)

Has anyone experienced this problem? Thanks,

USB cable falls out

I drove around with the unit this afternoon and found that the connection is pretty titchy. If the cable hangs, the unit doesn't charge. If you can put some slack in the cable AND make sure the thing is in the sweet spot, then it charges.

The cable does seem to be able to rock back and forth where it plugs into the unit a lot more than I would have thought.

I drove around with the unit this afternoon and found that the connection is pretty titchy. If the cable hangs, the unit doesn't charge. If you can put some slack in the cable AND make sure the thing is in the sweet spot, then it charges.

The cable does seem to be able to rock back and forth where it plugs into the unit a lot more than I would have thought.

I just use a piece of fabric tape which I can use over and over. My 920 is a little loose also but rarely drops off.

Last edited:

Ask a Question