USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P - IQ Routes?

TomTom Model(s)
Sony XNV-770BT
Hi,

I purchased a 340S yesterday, and did the map update from within Home. It gave me the USA, Canada & Mexico map set (USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P folder) when I updated (that's the zip file home downloaded). When I click "Add maps" in Home, the other maps (such as North America 2GB) say IQ routes support in the description, but this map does not. Is there a way to check if a map has IQ Route information available? That was the whole point of going with TomTom.

It should have IQroutes. In planning preferences, look for the IQroutes button on the lower left. The button won't be there if you have a non-IQroutes map.

In case it matters:

TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition
Device XXXXX XXXXX
App 8.414 (1239/090707) OS: 320300
64 MB RAm (free 18.4 MB)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5130
Map: 'USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P' v830.2396
Language: English US

It should have IQroutes. In planning preferences, look for the IQroutes button on the lower left. The button won't be there if you have a non-IQroutes map.

The option was there, I selected it, and it was set to enabled. Thanks. TomTom needs to get these little clarity issues sorted - good thing for a knowledgeable forum.

Tomtom makes an IQroutes-capable and non-IQroutes-capable version of many of their maps. The way to tell the difference is in the last 4 digits of the map.

In the US (don't know about other countries), Tomtom now only sells IQroutes-capable maps for IQroutes devices. So you won't have to worry about compatibility.

Ask a Question