USA Traffic

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live (not Used), Iphone 4 with TomTom & Navigon and TomTom Car Kit (not used)
Sorry to post this, but I need a littel help. I finally established a conection betwee my 720 and phone, treo 700wx and verizon. I got onto the server and did a little weather download as a test and all went fine. However I do not have nor have I purchased a traffic account. I would like very much to purchase traffice. when I go to the TomTom site and click on plus services, I can buy voices ect, but after navigating through all the traffic pages, and clicking on "buy traffic", nothing happens. Yes, I am loged onto the site. Does anyone know how (step by step) to puchase traffic here in the USA. as far as I can see clicking on "buy traffic" does not seem to do anything. BTW the only step that was wrong in the thread "Verizon & Razor V3m" was the step for dialup #: Acecept default". At this step take out the information that showed, and replace it with the information that your screen shows when conecting (dialing the web) there is a number to dial. At least this works for the Palm Treo 700wx. Thanks in advance for any and all help in getting traffic. As a side note, could the site be down?

Traffic is currently free and you don't have to pay for it, although that may change in the future.

I think in the traffic option there should be a trial period for traffic. Click on activate traffic and see where that gets you.

I had to call support to get mine activated and the Trail period for me ends Nov. 26 :)

Traffic is currently free and you don't have to pay for it, although that may change in the future.

I think in the traffic option there should be a trial period for traffic. Click on activate traffic and see where that gets you.

I had to call support to get mine activated and the Trail period for me ends Nov. 26 :)

OK, but were do you see activate traffic?

Well you have to login to the TT site, then click on PLUS services. On the right side column there should be the link to activate the traffic but looking at it now its just instructions to connect your phone to the unit.

On your TomTom. Locate under preference: edit tomtom plus account.
Enter the email address you use to sign up for TomTom.
Make sure you have enable wireless data on. Connect your phone and it should force to activate.
If you click on Traffic and you get an error that your subscription has been cancelled, then call TT Support and they will reactivate it for free.

I had the same issue with activating traffic as well on my 720.

Just call customer service and they will manually do it for you. I think my is extended for at least the next 3 months for free.

:)

Hello everyone, I post this same question on another topic, however I find this topic is about "traffic" so here is my question

Will the V2 of the ONE will support RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver? I going to buy one or should I just get the V3?

Thank you

Hello everyone, I post this same question on another topic, however I find this topic is about "traffic" so here is my question

Will the V2 of the ONE will support RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver? I going to buy one or should I just get the V3?

Thank you
Only the V3 supports RDS-TMC.

Ask a Question