USA speed cameras

I am using TomTom 6.01 on my AT&T Tilt. Is there an upgrade (6.03 or 6.032) that will give me speed camera locations. If so, how do I get it.

Where did you hear that. It's totally legal to have a list of speed cameras and traffic-light cameras in the US. Some states have laws about radar detectors but not GPS POIs.

TomTom is not allowed to provide a database per U.S. law. Why else would they do it in Europe and not in the States? Think about it. Not only that, there are vastly more European camera's than there are in the States, so there is a much larger market there for a subscription fee based service concerning said safety camera's.

It's not totally free. The device does come with pre-installed Speed cam database, but one has to subscribe in order to have the weekly updates.

That's why I said they are available for a FEE!!! Read please before correcting me, thanx!

Re: Speed and Red Light camera locations.

You can use POIs to get awareness of the camera locations.

www.POI-Factory.com has a comprehensive US database, built by members. The file is free for active members, $5 for non-active.

Hope this helps,
Krieger

Ask a Question