US v905 map - Road names issue

I95 in VA sometimes it loose the name and becomes "Unnamed Road"
Last time it worked was ver 875 maps

Submitted it as a problem and it was accepted about a year ago and still no fix

Can you provide a more specific location? It's a long way from DC to Emporia. If you can nail down a piece of I-95 that behaves this way, we could look into it on our end.

I was better with the new maps, but it still appears
I do think the problem is how it calculates the routes if it cannot see the destination

I 95 South does not have the problem

Try these address
16400 Four Seasons Dr Dumfries Va 22025 to 7900 Jones Branch Dr Mclean VA

60 S Gateway Dr, Fredericksburg Va to 16400 Four Seasons Dr Dumfries Va 22025

Just for grins, I tossed that first one into http://routes.tomtom.com

OK -- item 1.. there is a potential for a toll charge. I assume we accept it?
OK -- item 2.. there is a carpool lane. I assume we accept that, too?

Looking at the route provided by my TomTom (using a current 905 US/Can/Mex map):

Would I need to do a full demo of that route to see what you're talking about? I ask, because for those segments that run along I-95, my route instructions (see below) show I-95, not an 'unknown road'.

Attachments

• Virginia Route Dump 1.jpg
    Virginia Route Dump 1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Virginia Route Dump 2.jpg
    Virginia Route Dump 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Virginia Route Dump 3.jpg
    Virginia Route Dump 3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 361
#1 Do not accept the toll charge
If u accept the tolls u do not see it.

I start off fine to exit 148 (PW Parkway)
and them I 95 changes to "Unnamed Road"

#2 Do not accept the Carpool
I have not tried with 905, but 900 had the problem

#1 Do not accept the toll charge
If u accept the tolls u do not see it.

I start off fine to exit 158 (PW Parkway)
and them I 95 changes to "Unnamed Road

2 Pictures

Starts off 95 NB and After Exit 158 changes to Unnamed Road

Attachments

• Unnamed road .jpg
    Unnamed road .jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 377
  • I 95 NB.jpg
    I 95 NB.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 392
OK - trying again.

Don't see the problem. There are only one or two spots of interest. For example, the long exit lane off I-95 and onto I-495 shows up as "Unnamed road".

Of interest, the routing wants to take you onto the exit ramp under 294 (Prince William Pkwy) and back down onto the highway again. Not sure what that's about, and the road there is (as usual) just called 'ramp'. You can see that short 'detour' in my text instructions. Without HOV or toll (probably the former), it won't leave you on I-95 under that overpass for some reason. That's worth reporting.

Apart from that, the route summary text and indeed, the entire map (I touched a road segment here and there the whole length of your trip) shows I-95NB as the road name. Perhaps it's better in 905, or perhaps I'll not be able to duplicated it here.

Anyway, Exit 148 is a mile or two south of the starting address of 16400 Four Seasons Dr Dumfries Va 22025. Exit 148 is Russell Rd. You are getting on I-95 at 234 (Dumfries Rd), right?

Attachments

• Virginia Route Dump 4.jpg
    Virginia Route Dump 4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 343
They routing stated in 905 at PW Parkway...You do not do nothing, just goes by it
and that is where I 95 NB changes to Unnamed Road on the top line of the GPS
I get the same routing as you, but it changes on the GPS..Like the pictures I sent

Your picture doesn't even show you ON I-95 in your first picture. It has taken you off at Exit 170A.

The routing has wandered over onto what's known as the Interstate 395 Connector, aka the Henry G. Shirley Memorial Highway. When you are there, your next "move" is into a split at 38.78485,-77.177959, and from there, somewhere into the mixmaster of the Capital Beltway. I can understand those connectors ahead not having names. Whatever you'll be on, it definitely won't be I-95 there.

Ask a Question