US Traffic PLus Service Question.

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
Well I'm kinda confused maybe someone in the community can help. So I was able to use the traffic aspects of my TT910 perfectly fine with my free trial. (this is NA, CA- US) But TT plus wont let me order it... so is TT really that HORRIBLE in the US customer service that they can offer the trail for free but they cannot set it up for US costumers to buy the service? I did a search for this but I can't find any recent information... Or is this Apr. 16th deadline that TT referred to on their site in reference to this situation? Thanks in advance!

You cannot purchase a subscription to Traffic just yet. It's free for now. I suspect once they iron out the wrinkles, it will no longer be free and you'll HAVE to purchase a subscription to continue using traffic. Enjoy the free trial while it lasts!

The paid subscription to TT Plus (traffic) is not available yet.

Therefore it's a free subscription!!!
If your tomtom unit says your free subscription has expired, call or email tomtom support so they can reset your TT plus account.

I would recommend to call them
call 1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 2:00PM EST Saturdays)

The paid subscription to TT Plus (traffic) is not available yet.

Therefore it's a free subscription!!!
If your tomtom unit says your free subscription has expired, call or email tomtom support so they can reset your TT plus account.

I would recommend to call them
call 1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 2:00PM EST Saturdays)

Thanks for the speedy reply will do, I didn't know the free part was extended.

Just called and reactivated/extended my 910. The rep comment the Free service will be available thru End of June, which then they will roll out new pricing structure for the US. Be patient when you call the CSR, it had taken me like 3 days before I can get a live person, but the traffic is all worth it.

Traffic is getting better. I'm glad it's free til June, not sure if I'll pay for it or not. Wonder how much it'll cost?

Has anyone heard if they are working out the issues with Verizon? Its kinda nuts that TT traffic does not work on the nations largest wireless carrier.

Has anyone heard if they are working out the issues with Verizon? Its kinda nuts that TT traffic does not work on the nations largest wireless carrier.
Wouldn't you need to talk to Verizon about that? I.e.: Has Verizon worked out it's issues with giving customers proper data access?

Steve1000,

Traffic does work w/ Verizon, however Verizon being the money hungry company that it is requires you to have Broadband Dial up (aka Teathering) feature enabled on your phone in addition to your data plan at an additional cost of $15/month.

I personally have gotten this to work on both the LG VX8100 and my new :D Motorola Q (thanks to Skizza) using a completely manual configuration.

See this thread for more info...

I just got off the phone with TTS, and didn't even take a full 30mins to get them to extend my traffic service. They have a much faster response time now.

Ask a Question