upside down map

My tomtom is the XL2 IQ routes edition. My map is not always in the straight up position, it can have the car icon going up the screen across the screen and even down the screen which makes left turns look like right turns when you look at the screen, why? and how can I keep the car icon going the same direction i.e. map upright?:confused:

In the preferences you will have an option to switch between a 2D and 3D display.

3D display always shows your vehicle icon at the bottom of the screen pointing straight up and the display rotates to show you always travelling up the screen.

2D display is a little more complicated. On full-featured models, when you switch to 2D, you get two choices travel direction "up" or north "up".

2D_3D_menu_options.jpg

However, I'm afraid the XL "2" is a simplified model and the "travel direction up" option was one of the things they took out.

So unfortunately, your only option is to use the 3D display mode or change to a different model.

Moderator here "mvl" has written a reference guide to all the Tomtom models which shows which ones can do the "direction up" view in 2D mode. You can find it here (it's an Excel spreadsheet, so you'lll need something that can open those files to read it)

Ask a Question