Upset One (New Ed) Owner

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Bought TT One New Ed back in February '07 for $300. At that time, it was a good price. Fast forward to today ... I can now get the same basic unit with MapShare for $125.

I feel much the same way the original iPhone owners felt after Apple dropped the price shortly after introduction ... screwed.

one word.....technology.

you will feel this way about 50% of your purchases that have an ON/OFF switch for the rest of your life....get used to it.

PM me for some solutions to make your tomtom more enjoyable

Bought TT One New Ed back in February '07 for $300. At that time, it was a good price. Fast forward to today ... I can now get the same basic unit with MapShare for $125.

I feel much the same way the original iPhone owners felt after Apple dropped the price shortly after introduction ... screwed.

I spent $600 dollars on my 510 not even two tears ago. I'm seeing them now for $250-$275!!

My TT Go Classic cost me $800 2 years ago. And I paid $1200 for a Commodore 64 way back when! Such are the ways of the world!

i got my ttone in august for 249 and thought that was a steal... but thats technology it changes so rapidally but dont expect them to help you out after you bough it. I just my new TTone XL today at best buy for 249, will it stay that way no...

Don't feel bad, I just got my T.T.O.N.E. last Saturday paid $200, today they're $125.

Who's selling them for $125, I'll grab another!!!

It's still the same TT, nothings changed. :) and you were the first on your block. :) and you had it all summer. :) You were happy before, don't let this bother you. :)

oh ps, I also bought mine in Feb '07, got it for $269.00 na na na na na :D :D

OK, OK ... I was venting.

I'm no stranger to pricing drops in the electronics industry. However, a 60% price decrease in just 10 months is still tough pill to swallow. I do appreciate the new software update though. It added some nice features.

Saw TT One 3rd Ed advertised for $124.99 at both Staples and, I believe, Gander Mountain of all places.

It's not the same TT One ... the latest 3rd version includes MapShare. This is a big deal because you never have to buy map upgrades. It is "future proof" as TT puts it.

I nabbed two One 3rd editions for.... sit down... $104.95 each thanks to some crazy CircuitCity pricing and a $40 off $199 coupon you can get online for free. Cah-chinga! ;)

As far as MapShare I've yet to see the immediate value. I live in Raleigh, NC and a few months ago they completed a major leg of router 540 which will eventually be a huge outer loop around the city. I've yet to see it appear on any major mapping software, GPS, etc. and it's frustrating as the damn things keep telling me to drive through the city to get to router 440 the inner loop instead of just zipping me onto the 540 onramp just down the street.

Related, MapShare supposedly is only free for 1 year. Though I have no idea why as you'd think they'd be begging users to update maps for them.

Charging for map share?

[/QUOTE]Related, MapShare supposedly is only free for 1 year. Though I have no idea why as you'd think they'd be begging users to update maps for them.[/QUOTE]
That makes absolutely no sense! This feature is only desireable if the maximum amount of users are using the feature! Charging people to use it would cut down on the number of people using MapShare, and therefore making it obsolete. Is anyone out there willing to pay for MapShare!?!?!?!
:confused: :mad:

Smokiewolf, I think you are confused. TomTom are not asking people to pay for Mapshare!

The deal is that you can only receive correction made by TT and others for one year. After that you will have to buy a new map to continue receiving corrections. This is logical because a newer map will contain all previous corrections, and it is senseless to continue correcting an old map with Mapshare, when the newer map does not contain those errors! Also corrections made by people with a newer map than you will probably not be applicable to yours.

Of course, you don't have to buy a new map. If you choose not to, you can still continue to make your own corrections.

MapShare

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification! I think the next map I buy will be the North American one, I'll have to get an SD card and make the plunge!

Ask a Question