Upload woes

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I donloaded the new NA map from TomTom Home, and all went well. Now though, I cannot get the 910 to stop communicating with my computer without pulling it off the cradle or turning it off. This has been going on for about 5 hours, so I can't imagine anything useful is happening. The don't disconnect screen is showing, and a small disk? icon is flashing in the lower left corner.
Does anybody have any bright ideas?
Thanks,
Andy

Yup, but when I connect again the whole thing starts over. Once the connection is made the 910 seems to go into a loop where it connects, pases for a second, then connects again.
This is happening now although Home is closed.
In going to Task Manager, nothing is running (in theory).
Thanks,
Andy

I just tried reboting everything, but no go. I tried a hard reset on the 910 also. Wish I knew what it's trying to do. Right now it is going about 4 seconds with the "red-cross hand", then 1/2 second without, then repeats.
Very frustrating.
Andy

I just tried reboting everything, but no go. I tried a hard reset on the 910 also. Wish I knew what it's trying to do. Right now it is going about 4 seconds with the "red-cross hand", then 1/2 second without, then repeats.
Very frustrating.
Andy

You did a hard or soft reboot? The hard reboot is resetting to manufacture default and that can only be reached through the Change Preference Menu. The soft reboot is pressing the rest button on the bottom of the unit.

Have you tried this? Link.

Thanks, it was a soft reboot. After trying everything I could think of with no success, including the "clear flash", I had a very productive call with Customer Support, and everything is working properley now.
We tried many different things, and new downloads of the software. I'm not sure exactly what step the problem dissappeared, but it's gone.
I am very impressed with TomTom support, and thanks for your replies as well.
Andy

Thanks, it was a soft reboot. After trying everything I could think of with no success, including the "clear flash", I had a very productive call with Customer Support, and everything is working properley now.
We tried many different things, and new downloads of the software. I'm not sure exactly what step the problem dissappeared, but it's gone.
I am very impressed with TomTom support, and thanks for your replies as well.
Andy

Perfect, glad that you were able to fix it.

Ask a Question