Upgrading to 8.15 Maps on GO 930

Arno,
No need to be rude. I was answering your question.
Cheers.
In post # 1 you say you cannot install the 815 maps.
In post # 4 you say your Navcore is 8.002 and you are going back to 800 maps.
In post # 8 you say do not have 8.3 but are still trying to install the 815 map.
In post # 10 you say you understand and hope for changes this year.
===============
In post # 3 GarCor explains that he has the problem with 8.3 & 815 maps and that he was thinking of going back to 8.010 & *.xx ,maps.
In post # 7 I say "I trust you had NavCore 8.300 on your 930 before you downloaded the 815.2019 NA map."
In post # 9 dhn tells you the the 815 maps will not be functional without 8.3.
In post # 11 I suggest for you to download 8.3 to try it if you had the older one as a backup.
In post # 12 dhn says that 8.3 is neede to run 815 maps.
In posr # 13 I point out that you must have 8.3 to run 815 maps.
In post # 16 I suggeted you follow dhn's advice to revert to an older system if you did not like 8.3 .
In post # 17 infama said "815 map could never be shipped with anything but NC 8.30."

In post # 20 I am telling you that everyone said 815 must be used with 8.3.

You have a rather unusual idea of what being rude is.

If you have a language problem, say so or, at least, ask for clarification if you do not fully understand a suggestion or instruction.

I have been trying patiently to explain things but am getting the feeling now that I have been wasting my time.

Arno,

I just don't understand why you would say this:

As everyone told you, for that map you must use 8.300.

When I said in post #10 that I understood that. Maybe you forgot that you asked me a question? I answered your question, but got snubbed for it.

Cheers.

I updated my Tom Tom to 8.3 (first), then down loaded (purchased) 8.15 maps over the weekend. Everything works just fine for me. Glad I did it. Interesting, I was on the 404 and the unit indicated in "red" that my speed was over 100kph ... that didn't happen before. I'm finding the new locations easier ... again .. Glad I did it.

No stuttering, I hope? Make sure you make an Explorer, not Home, backup and ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

btw, you'll see the speed limit thingy on the 407 and all 400 series of roads, I think.

Is this speed thingy the indicator where it shows your speed next to posted speed ?

If so I have had that on my last couple of Apps. It only seem to work on Major Hwy's

By the way please keep us posted as to wether the 8.30 app & 8.15 maps are running smoothly eg no voice stamering or slowed refresh rate.

Is this speed thingy the indicator where it shows your speed next to posted speed ?
If so I have had that on my last couple of Apps. It only seem to work on Major Hwy's
With a check mark set at Warn when driving faster than allowed in Safety Preferences
the warning sound used to come on at highway speeds at about 7-8 mph or around 13 km/h over the limit.
That is still the case but, as RFischer said, it is now flashing on a red background for about 3 - 4 seconds.
On city streets with a 60 km/h limit the warning comes on at about 7 km/h over.
A lot of streets have either no or wrongly programmed speed limits and hopefully
everyone clicks on Map error and later enters those in HOME into their MapShares.

I have given up on one some roads to enter the corrections where the speed limit changes multiple time over its length.
(McCowan Rd., Scarborough, ON comes to mind, all the way up to St. John's Side Rd. in Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON.)
I once spent over twenty minutes trying to break up the sections but it kept on jumbling them.
I sent a message to TomTom to allow corrections to be made like way points are set in Tyre.

I tried voice this morning on the way to work. No problem ... worked as normal. I'm using Susan as the computer voice.
I did move my Europe maps off of my Tom Tom to ensure plently of free memory. I never had any memory issues on the upgrading to 8.3 or 8.15maps. I don't plan on being in Europe any time soon.

Ask a Question