upgraded firmware, didnt lose vr...

so i upgraded to the latest firmware and ive heard a lot of ppl lost their voice recognition...mine is still working fine and my tomtom says i do have all the updates i need...wondering why some of u lost it and mine still works...

so i upgraded to the latest firmware and ive heard a lot of ppl lost their voice recognition...mine is still working fine and my tomtom says i do have all the updates i need...wondering why some of u lost it and mine still works...

Can you answer some questions, please?
1. what version of the NA map do you have?
2. When you tap the satellites (do they show vertically, now) what version of firmware does it show?
3. Does your Operate my Go work?
4. Mac or PC?
5. finally, with VR working, does it show a sound monitor now and does VR work for all of: cities, streets and numbers?

Thanks

map version 7.15
not sure what u mean by vertically...they always showed up and down, version 7.221
operate my go does not work
pc
vr works for all

also it shows under contents of my go...i have the 7.48 version

Well there has to be something difference between those that dont loose it and those that do.

seems like we either have some issues, or TT made some minor changes to fix some issues it sounded like they had early on...I have not made the upgrade yet, but I guess I probably should t see what happens

map version 7.15
not sure what u mean by vertically...they always showed up and down, version 7.221
operate my go does not work
pc
vr works for all

also it shows under contents of my go...i have the 7.48 version

Well, the unit does have the 7.221 version installed and, yes, VR did work (with the hack) with that firmware. But, contents of go showing 7.48 + the fact that Operate my go is not working leads me to think you have a mixture of 7.221 & 7.48 files on your unit.

I fell on the unfortunate side here. When the firmware updated earlier this week I lost the VR. I tried recreating the support.dat file and replacing but that did not work. Will keep an eye here for a fix.

Well, the unit does have the 7.221 version installed and, yes, VR did work (with the hack) with that firmware. But, contents of go showing 7.48 + the fact that Operate my go is not working leads me to think you have a mixture of 7.221 & 7.48 files on your unit.

did you guys have to do a soft reset?

ok so i did a restore and started over...and everything happened as it should...i now have lost my vr and have the 7.48...though i believe tomtom fixed the operate my go feature...it asked me to download a file and once i did that...it worked..but now my feature are as everyone has said

if i back up my tomtom before i do the upgrade, i should have no problems restoring it to the old firmware with v/r right?

if i back up my tomtom before i do the upgrade, i should have no problems restoring it to the old firmware with v/r right?
That's true, but why not wait a day or two until the next update comes out that fixes the VR problem?

Just a suggestion.

Well something happen on mine when I tried to restore to pre update. My restore is failing, getting an error related to the InstallTomTomHome.exe file. May call TomTom this afternoon.

Well something happen on mine when I tried to restore to pre update. My restore is failing, getting an error related to the InstallTomTomHome.exe file. May call TomTom this afternoon.

Do you have a backup made with Explorer? If so, use Explorer to restore your complete backup.

I think he DLed 7.48 but did not install it!
This is why the VR still works.

Ask a Question