Upgrade to iPhone 5

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone app on 3GS for Western Europe
I've been using TT on an iPhone 3GS for several years. After a few months of poor GPS reception, I lashed out and bought the TT car kit, and haven't had problems since.

With my 3GS in its final throes of life I'm probably going to upgrade to an iPhone 5, which of course, won't fit into the car kit.

What do people advise about mounting? Will GPS reception be adequate?

I have had good GPS reception (USA) with my iPhone 5 in a Toyota Prius -- though I have not tried with the TT iOS App.

As for a mount I found the flexibility of the ProClipUSA mounts to be outstanding. It is a modular system which is configured by device, auto model, location in vehicle where you want to locate.

mds

I have had good GPS reception (USA) with my iPhone 5 in a Toyota Prius -- though I have not tried with the TT iOS App.
mds

I realised when I first used TT without the car kit that there is a great disparity between the iPhone's ability to accurately show its position on the Mapping App, and TT's ability to use that positional data. TT would be lost, and yet I could go into the Map App and see exactly where I was. It never made sense to me at the time, but I guess it will still be the case now.

Ask a Question