Updating speed limits with Mapshare

TomTom Model(s)
I'm trying to update the speed limits on some local streets, but the editing function within Mapshare leaves a lot to be desired. For example, Mapshare highlights the entire over 60 mile stretch of a road, which assumes that the speed limit is the same for the entire length. In fact, it varies from 25 to 55, depending on whether it is going through a town or not. This requires me to de-select over 60 miles of road, in half-mile segments (and since it is 2 way, there are 2 parallel segments.). And even using a stylus, TomTom sometimes selects other areas when I'm trying to de-select. It is too sensitive.
There needs to be a way to specify the start and end point of a segment, so that I can set the appropriate speed limit.

First, be aware that speed limits are always ignored by Tomtom for routing and arrival times. Instead, Tomtom uses the internal map IQroutes speeds, which are un-editable.

Speed limits only impact the driving display, the overspeed alarm, and route demo speeds.

Tomtom stores speed and name data at the per-intersection level, and sometimes even shorter segments. In making road name or speed corrections, Tomtom defaults your selection to the entire road that shares the same name, since typically speed and name changes would impact the entire length.

To workaround this and choose a small area, choose a nearby short sideroad instead. Then go to "edit", and deselect the original sideroad, and select the portion(s) of your main road.

Either way, map editing is kind of clunky, the best recommendation is to do it on your computer in the "Operate My GO" function within HOME. Changes in "Operate my go" are stored on your Tomtom.

Ask a Question