Updating maps for 930 Tom Tom Gps

TomTom Model(s)
930T
I only have dialup internet.
So it will be impossible to download those large files (Maps of North America and Europe).
BTW what file extension format are those files ?
The maps are they downloaded to this folder first-
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download
before it installs to the TomTom 930 gps ?

How can I get updated maps if my Internet is so slow ?

The version I have already installed on my gps is 8.014.

I need North America size 1757.3 MB
Version 835

Western and Central Europe size 1824.7 MB
Version 835

Is there a lot of difference between the version I have and new version?
What is the difference?

Thanks

Zhong

8.014 refers to the application installed, not the map version.

Tap the satellite bars and you will see the version installed (presumably 8.014). Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the map(s) installed and version numbers.

See if you can use a friend's computer with high speed to install Home and download there. Dial-up will be painful to use.

Actually I checked and version I have is 810.1907 for North America.
I assume Europe the same version already installed on GPs?

If your 930 is running Navcore 8,014 then it needs updating BEFORE you use LMG, the latest 930 Navcore is currently 8,351 you need this installed via TomTom Home, then you use LMG to download the v835 maps to the device.
You might also consider putting an SD card in the device and putting one of the maps on the card as the size of the files needed on the device combined with the two new maps is larger than the available storage capacity of the device - there are ways around this by removing certain files but the easy option is to load one map to the SD or SDHC memory card. Your 930 can accept memory cards up to and including 32GB in capacity, for a single map a 2GB card will suffice, if you want plently of music storrage as well as a map then consider the 8GB or 16GB cards as these are cost effective the 32GB cards are still rather expensive - Mike

Where can I find out whether my 930 is running Navcore 8.014 ?
Why don't they create enough internal memory on 930 in the first place so there would be enough disk space, so it won't be so complicated.

If your 930 is running Navcore 8,014 then it needs updating BEFORE you use LMG, the latest 930 Navcore is currently 8,351 you need this installed via TomTom Home, then you use LMG to download the v835 maps to the device.
You might also consider putting an SD card in the device and putting one of the maps on the card as the size of the files needed on the device combined with the two new maps is larger than the available storage capacity of the device - there are ways around this by removing certain files but the easy option is to load one map to the SD or SDHC memory card. Your 930 can accept memory cards up to and including 32GB in capacity, for a single map a 2GB card will suffice, if you want plently of music storrage as well as a map then consider the 8GB or 16GB cards as these are cost effective the 32GB cards are still rather expensive - Mike

Ask a Question