Updating app software beyond the limit

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 2nd Ed
Some time ago my son manually updated my old TomTom ONE 2d Ed with a version of the OS above the 7.903 that TomTom provide via TomTom Home. Whatever version it was (8.something?) it worked perfectly, and much faster than 7.903

The SD card just stopped working (lost its boot data), so I have had to restart by repairing it and using the only backup I had, which was the one taken before the upgrade.

And of course I now cannot remember where he found the newer version, or how he installed it (he lives elsewhere and has no access to my unit, natch :)

Suggestions/recommendations?

VERY difficult to say. He may even have used a hacked version of the firmware. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide that here. Worse, even if it was a legit TomTom release for another model, it may have included a boot loader that makes it impossible to start over at 7.903 (which you are correct in believing was the last production version for the ONE 2nd), and making it mandatory that you put the deviant code back on the unit. There were a number of "8.something" versions released, and not all used the same boot loader version, either.

If you had a backup somewhere, your problem would be solved. Without that or any other reference to what he may have installed, it's a real crap shoot to suggest anything. Could be any of several different versions.

So understanding that you're already in a ditch and can't get out, here is the version that I'm giving the best odds of putting you back in business... just remove the appended "_" at the front, and best of luck.

_http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.016.casablanca1024_1v8.CAB-navcore-ONE.cab

Ask a Question