Updates Available, But No Updates To Select?

I went to update my Tomtom GO2535 today for the first time since they switched to the MyDrive set-up and it tells me I have 3 updates available. However when I get into MyDrive there is nothing to select. I've attached a couple screenshots of what I'm facing. I've tried resetting the Tomtom itself, clearing the browser cache, uninstalling the Tomtom software from my PC and have tried with Chrome, Firefox and IE but nothing works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tomtom1.jpg

tomtom2.jpg

When you click on 'More Info' under the 'Update All' button, what does it show? Are you using the cable that came with the device? Don't use a USB 3 port on the computer.

If I click "more info" I takes me to the screen in the second screenshot. Also I'm using the USB cable that came with the unit. I've even tried on two separate PC's, neither of which have USB 3 ports. And just for giggles I tried with a different internet connection by tethering to my Android so as to take my ISP's router out of the equation.

I'm stumped....

Tried switching ports and no luck. I've also tried the tips in the post you linked but again, nothing.

Sigh. Why did TomTom have to replace something that worked with this MyDrive garbage? From all the problem threads in the support forums there seems to be a lot of issues.

They had to replace Home because the Home interface to the older Nav2 devices is totally different from the interface to the newer Nav3 devices. The old devices looked like external disk drives to the system. Although connected using a USB cable, the newer devices (through the magic of some 'bridge' software) make the new Nav3 devices look like little servers, and the connectivity is via a 'network' interface. If you look at the network devices hooked to your PC while your 2535 is connected, you'll discover that your 2535 perceived by the O.S. as a 'network' device. That caused a rather substantial rewrite of the whole interface since the mechanism for moving objects on and off these devices changed radically.

For years, Home was a bit of a pain as well. Took them years to get it cleaned up. I expect it will be the same for this new MyDrive (previously MyTomTom) interface.

Ask a Question