Updated to 2.3.1.40, can't operate

I was using a previous version of TomTom Home just fine on my Mac (MacBook OS X 10.5.2) and then I updated to version 2.3.1.40. Now I can't operate my TomTom on my computer screen. It says it needs to download a new file, but the download fails each time I try.

Has anyone had success with this? Can you give me any pointers?

Thanks!

I was using a previous version of TomTom Home just fine on my Mac (MacBook OS X 10.5.2) and then I updated to version 2.3.1.40. Now I can't operate my TomTom on my computer screen. It says it needs to download a new file, but the download fails each time I try.

Has anyone had success with this? Can you give me any pointers?

Thanks!

Right now the only models that work with the "Operate My Go" function on the intel macs are the new 30s. I have a 930 which works with this; I also have the previous 920 which does not work. Actually it was the firmware updates 7.48/7.481 to the 20 devices that killed that feature on TT Home. I have communicated with their tech support and they are aware of it. Since my 930 does work with this I don't see why some software update couldn't solve this for all of them but no go so far.
John

Right now the only models that work with the "Operate My Go" function on the intel macs are the new 30s. I have a 930 which works with this; I also have the previous 920 which does not work. Actually it was the firmware updates 7.48/7.481 to the 20 devices that killed that feature on TT Home. I have communicated with their tech support and they are aware of it. Since my 930 does work with this I don't see why some software update couldn't solve this for all of them but no go so far.
John

Thanks for the information, John. You'd think that they would warn us not to update if we didn't have the models that are supported. Do you know of any way to get an older version of TTHome that does support these models? I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Thanks again for your reply. :)

Actually I don't think you can go back to a previous version of Home. But even if you could I still don't think it would help because I believe it was the updates to the device itself that caused this issue. If you search through some of the threads here, there is a way to get back to the older firmware version - 7.221 I think. It's not something I've wanted to try though.
John

Actually I don't think you can go back to a previous version of Home. But even if you could I still don't think it would help because I believe it was the updates to the device itself that caused this issue. If you search through some of the threads here, there is a way to get back to the older firmware version - 7.221 I think. It's not something I've wanted to try though.
John

Thanks again, John. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to figure out how to fix this. Apparently these updates have also affected how well my TT sees the satellites; I used to be able to work out a route from home before getting into my car and leaving. Now there are no satellites at home; I'm going to take it out with me today to see if I get them anywhere.

Ask a Question