Updated Go510 to version 7.xx now it won't start

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
My Go510 will not get past my custom splash screen while booting AFTER I updated to the most current version of TT Home and software for the Go. Anyone else have this issue? I should have backed it up prior to the update, but I didn't have time, and didn't think their update would hose my GPS.:mad:

Try resetting using a pin then be patient and wait. I experienced the same thing when I upgraded my 910 with v7. It took like 3-5 minutes then it finally booted.:eek:

Try resetting using a pin then be patient and wait. I experienced the same thing when I upgraded my 910 with v7. It took like 3-5 minutes then it finally booted.:eek:

I gave that a shot. I reset it in the car, it froze, I put it aside for my commute and 40 mins later it still didn't boot up. Guess I'll have to use TTH to restore to factory settings. :(

Make sure your unit is charge before hitting the reset button.

If it doesn't boot up turn the unit off again with the pin rest if you need to.
Next Connect the unit to your computer and turn it on. If it ask to connect to your computer select yes and try to restore from a backup.

Good Luck

Make sure your unit is charge before hitting the reset button.

If it doesn't boot up turn the unit off again with the pin rest if you need to.
Next Connect the unit to your computer and turn it on. If it ask to connect to your computer select yes and try to restore from a backup.

Good Luck

Thank you. I'll give that a shot, about how long to fully charge it? I haven't used it in a month or so.

My Original 720 US map is corrupt

Does any-one have a copy of their own they wont mind sending me?
i will deeply appreciate it

Hello and welcome.

Contact TomTom Support as they can help you out. Coping maps will not work as they are tied to each device.

Ask a Question