Update TomTom Firmware

How do I update the firmware on my TomTom. I have the TomTom GO 720 with firmware version 7.220. I want to update my firmware to 7.221 which many people say they have done. Unfortunatly for me, when i click update in TomTom Home it says that my tomtom is up to date, which i know is not true because everyone says that they have version 7.221 and i only have version 7.220. Can the TomTom GO 720 be updated to version 7.221 or is that only for TomTom GO 720(T). Everyone who has said they have version 7.221 said they had TomTom GO 720. Anywayz, if anybody could please tell me how to update the firmware i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Ryan

How do I update the firmware on my TomTom. I have the TomTom GO 720 with firmware version 7.220. I want to update my firmware to 7.221 which many people say they have done. Unfortunatly for me, when i click update in TomTom Home it says that my tomtom is up to date, which i know is not true because everyone says that they have version 7.221 and i only have version 7.220. Can the TomTom GO 720 be updated to version 7.221 or is that only for TomTom GO 720(T). Everyone who has said they have version 7.221 said they had TomTom GO 720. Anywayz, if anybody could please tell me how to update the firmware i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Ryan

Just curious......how are you determining that you have version 7.220? if you're relying on what TomTom Home is showing, don't. It always shows an earlier version. The proper method is by tapping the satellite bars on your unit and seeing what version shows there.

Anywayz, if anybody could please tell me how to update the firmware i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Does your actual unit say v7.220 or are you looking at it through TT Home? For whatever reason, when I click on "Operate My GO" it shows I have v7.220, even tough, I have v7.221 installed on my unit.

Did you try "Latest Map Guarantee" option (TT Home)? Maybe try soft reset ("RESET" at the bottom of the unit)?

Not sure what others think, but I called Customer Support and they actually uploaded older firmware when for me (I have it just in case I need to do clean install). Which brings me to another question/point: did you back it up the first time you used it? I know this kind of seems dumb to do since you just want it to use it "out-of-the-box," but making all kinds of updates/setting will most likely cause some glitch in the system. If you haven't backed it up, you might want to call CS and ask them to upload the new fw for you (must have on-line account setup).

I've Got It!

Okay guys thanks for the help. I figured it out. I was clicking on the Satillite to view my version but i was doing that in TomTom Home. When I unplugged it from the computer and checked the version throught the actuall TomTom Device it now says Version 7.221. Thanks for the help guys.

Ryan

Ask a Question