Update to Spring Map Right Away?

I just received an email from TT saying that the Spring map has been released? is it fine to upgrade to this new map right away? Or is it preferable to wait a week or two on things like this (i.e. software), in case there are any kinks to be worked out?

What model unit do you have? You should make an Explorer, not Home, backup prior to doing a map update.

So far, there haven't been any issues as such that I have seen.

I lost all the speed limits which I had added myself. Everything else seems to be ok, and I still have all the favorites. Did an Explorer backup before updating, but not sure which files need to be restored.

If you have a backup PRIOR to getting the new map, then make an Explorer backup, not Home, of your current unit's contents.

Then, get these files from your backup:
From the map folder: mapuserpatch.dat,
From the root: UserPatch.dat

and copy them to the same locations on your unit.

See if the speed limit corrections now show.

It's back again. Thanks. The new mapuserpatch.dat file was only a small fraction of its former size.

Last edited:
What model unit do you have? You should make an Explorer, not Home, backup prior to doing a map update.

So far, there haven't been any issues as such that I have seen.

I have an XXL 540 WTE. I just noticed from your signature that you have the same model, with the new map installed. Given that you haven't had any issues, I'll proceed with the update. Thanks for the help.

But what map do you have on yours? USA_Canada_Mexico or North_America?

I have NA.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup before doing anything.

Ask a Question