Update to newest Navigator 6.x

Hi!

I recently bought TT Navigator 6 with Maps of Western Europe. Installation on Palm Treo Pro and the operation of the Software works flawless. My problem is, that the Software Version is 6.010 and i know there are some newer versions of the Navigator 6. From some different forums i found hints, that newer version are faster with the GPS Signal, have importent bugfixes etc...

But i find it impossible to get Information, what the newest version is and where i get it. Tomtom Support does not respond. Every TT-FAQ points to TomTom-Home, over which i installed the Navigator but the Software claims i have the newest version.

So my question in short: Where can i get a Download-Version of the newest Navigator 6.x to replace my 6.010 version? Assuming my original 6.010 code is valid with every 6.x Version.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Iam not talking about Maps. I know i have to buy them if i need newer ones.

Go to their support site, select your device (navigator 6) and in the pop-down lsit - select updates/upgrades.

It should list a number of FAQ's including one "Update January 2007 - TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 - Pocket PC". It will tell you how to update the application. It is old, and posters are complaining about being abandoned with their units - so it may the the last one.

Read the navigator sub-forum and see if you can spot anything else.

Thank you. I would never have predicted, that the January 07 Update could be anywhere near the newest 6.X Version. It seems, that TomTom doesnt really care for Product maintenance.

Thank you. I would never have predicted, that the January 07 Update could be anywhere near the newest 6.X Version. It seems, that TomTom doesnt really care for Product maintenance.

Unless you read some of the threads - TomTom has "left behind" many units and applications. There is a Navigator 7 out on a limited basis in Europe - but nothing here.

It is a surprise that without a path to migrate here with the Navigator units over here that they did not make some continued updates available - it might have encouraged some to buy updated maps also.

Ask a Question