Update of Postcodes on XL IQ

TomTom Model(s)
xl live iq routes
I have a tomtom xl live iq routes and during my latest update navigate to postcode does note update because of the following note--cannot modify properties because of wrappedNative---does anyone know what that means and how to get round it

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it is a javascript error of some sort but don't know what's causing it, why it seems to only affect UK users (so far) or, most importantly, how to get around it.

TomTom has been notified of the issue, I do know that.

A workaround in Home is to UNcheck the postal code files for download and proceed with the other files.

For that model, you should be able to update the postcodes manually as well.

Go to http://download.tomtom.com/open/zipcode/905/great_britain.cab

Download the.cab archive and use something like WinRar to extract the individual files (my Windows XP can also extract each file one by one by opening the .cab in Explorer and then right clicking on each file name)

You should end up with 'Great_Britain.postal' and 'Great_BritainPostal.ver'

Copy both of those into the "zip" folder on the XL.overwriting the older versions.

Actually, although they have updated the version number, the postcodes file is exactly the same size as the v900 one, so I suspect they have not changed anything.

Andy, in TT's discussion forum, a staff person has said the problem with the postal codes and the 905 map has not yet been resolved so TT is also providing the suggestion of manually installing the files related to the UK 900 map at this point.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my problem--between them all I have succeeded :D

Ask a Question