Up to Date Maps and Promotion Code

Got a TOM TOM One V2 with

USA and Canada Maps v675.1409, GPS 1.21, and App 7.131.

First I drove to Raleigh NC and this version of the Map does not show the new I-540 bypass. Registered that as an error by the way.

I noticed that TT 3rd edition units have map version 7.xx.

Question is does map version 7 have the updated bypass in Raleigh?

I have a promotion code that I need to activate, will this give me the most up to date US and Canada Maps?

Thanks

you can do "MAP correction" to fix the issue

No, you can't. Mapshare doesn't currently let you add new parts to the map; only block/unblock/rename them.

As far as I know, Tomtom isn't providing a free map upgrade to anyone right now. I don't think the upgrade to v7 maps are even available for sale yet. Not sure if the promotion code is good for anything right now.

I have a promotion code that I need to activate, will this give me the most up to date US and Canada Maps?
If you send the promotion code to me, I'll happily try it out for you.

I'm curious about this, too. I picked up a One XL a few weeks ago with 6.75 maps and have held off on activating the promotion code too. If I activate it now can I get the 7.10 maps for free?

Anyone ask support yet?

My added MapShare POI's disappear with MapUpdate

I just added my "free" map update (no number required) to my TT1-V3, and sadly all the POI's that I have submitted as new mapshare POI's have now disappeared...:confused:
I tried restoring the mapsettings.cfg file that the TT site suggests, but it only restored my Favorites
Has anyone else solved this dillema?
OR, found a way to export the "new" POI's that have been added/submitted to MapShare (and NOT yet approved by TT).

I just added my "free" map update (no number required) to my TT1-V3, and sadly all the POI's that I have submitted as new mapshare POI's have now disappeared...:confused:
I tried restoring the mapsettings.cfg file that the TT site suggests, but it only restored my Favorites
Has anyone else solved this dillema?
OR, found a way to export the "new" POI's that have been added/submitted to MapShare (and NOT yet approved by TT).

What version maps did your tomtom come with and what version does it have now? And do you mean you have TomTom One 3rd Edition (silver bezel, no sd slot, already has 7.10 maps) or a TomTom V3 (old bezel style, 6.75 maps)?

What version maps did your tomtom come with and what version does it have now? And do you mean you have TomTom One 3rd Edition (silver bezel, no sd slot, already has 7.10 maps) or a TomTom V3 (old bezel style, 6.75 maps)?

Oh dear, this does get confusing doesn't it.
I have: TomTom One 3rd Edition (silver bezel, no sd slot, already has 7.10 maps)
:)

710 maps on a V2?

I bought a new V2 two weeks ago, it had 660 maps on it. If I buy another TT one for my wife and I get her the newer V3 with 710 maps, can I copy all the files from hers and put them on an SD card to use in my TT one.

thx

Pat

Last edited:

Ask a Question