Unlock maps on SD card is it possible??

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I have recently purchased a second hand TomTom SD card with USA and CANADA maps.

i didnt realise that this would be locked when I tried to put it on my GO720.

Is there anyway possible I can get this unlocked?. I go on my US roadtrip in only 3 weeks I dont want to get lost.

Any help would be appeciated:
confused:

@dhn
As long as the firmware on the 720 is updated to 8.302 or later (9.401 being current), why would the 4GB card not work as well?

I think it may have something to do with the map in the former link not being IQ capable. Dunno for sure.

I thought that was a compatibility problem only going the other way -- if the unit has old firmware, and the map has IQ data the firmware can't understand.

We're also presuming that the "compatible with..." models list for those map cards on the TT website is correct.... That's never a safe assumption with the TT website!

Yes, that is true........in fact, I would suspect you ae more experienced with the vagaries (sp) of maps on sd cards since we in North America normally are not offered that method to get new maps.

Ask a Question