Unit won't boot properly.

last monday i updated my tomtomxxl550m. tuesday i drove 15 hours away. last night i updated my tomtom just so i would have the newer updates. today i try to use my tomtom and it won't go past the "this device belongs to screen". i have an older backup (way tooo old) so i tried restoring and that seemed to work, except it insisted on doing an update immediately. and went back to the loop of "this device belongs to". i tried the official site which has a listing for "my device is stuck in a loop after updating" which has you copy a file to your computer and then delete it from the tomtom, but it is still stuck. i need to drive back home soon. any suggestions please!!!! THANKYOU!!!!

Connect to Home. See if the unit is recognized. If so, run the emulator (Operate my Unit) and try a factory restore to defaults.

(also edited your subject so it would be more meaningful and, hopefully, attract more suggestions).

okay, sorry. i had to go out for a few. i logged into tomtomhome, and operate my device, however the reset factory settings is greyed out so i cant select it.

Try resetting the unit. I think that model has a dedicated reset hole on the bottom.

okay, so if anyone else needs the info:
i reset to the old backup which gave access to the restore factory settings option (which i did) then downloaded most of the new updates (did not do one). it seems to be working for the moment.

Just in case anyone needs to know. this still works out with more modern updates getting stuck in the "this device belongs to" loop. (i updated two days ago, and had to come back for yet another round of help)

Ask a Question