unasked for quickly changing screens

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 730
My wife had another episode of the screen going nuts. The screens are always changing and settings are constanting changing (voice to no-voice to voice is one example).

I'd seen it earlier but blamed it on the battery being low. She asked me to look at it several hours after her experience and it was still doing the same thing. It appeared to be super sensitive to touch meaning you didn't even have to touch the screen to have things changing; just holding it in your hand would send it nuts. Placing it back into its usb holder seemed to settle it down (note usb was plugged in to computer).

Has anyone seen anything like this??

Perhaps grasping at straws here but look very closely at where the glass screen is touching the casing -- both horizontally and vertically. It may be a little piece of paper or something has gotten wedged in the frame causing the unit's software to interpret the 'touchscreen' incorrectly.

Bump...

I have seen this on my new TomTom 920 as well. The screen is clear of any debri, but good thought. I have consulted with TomTom customer service and they gave me software reset instructions and still not fixing the issue.

Any suggestions or questions welcome. It is pretty much a paperweight until I can fix this. The screen jumps from menu to menu to menu so following navigation is impossible.

Thanks for any help.

Us3inUK

I have seen this on my new TomTom 920 as well. The screen is clear of any debri, but good thought. I have consulted with TomTom customer service and they gave me software reset instructions and still not fixing the issue.

Any suggestions or questions welcome. It is pretty much a paperweight until I can fix this. The screen jumps from menu to menu to menu so following navigation is impossible.

Thanks for any help.

Us3inUK

Did you do a clear flash memory ?

I too have seen this with my 930. The only times (2 trips) it has happened to me though was on a long trip and in the heat of summer. The sun was directly on the unit. Cooling it in front of the A/C vent seemed to help for a short time then it would do it again. None of the resets helps.

Ask a Question