Unable to plot a route

TomTom Model(s)
130s, XXL 550 TM
Hey all,

I've just brought a TT 130s and am reasonably happy with it.

I have two questions:

1/ Is there a way to get it to power off when power is removed? i.e. when I switch of the ignition

2/ I was in the car park of my hotel (about 150 feet from the closest road) and saved the position as "Home". However, when I tried to go "Home" later I got a message similar to Unable to find route. :confused: However, if I put in the address it was able to show me the way no problem. Anybody know why this happened? In fact, it's happened again since when I tried to save where I am currently working.

Thanks
Paul

To get it to turn off, use battery preferences-->turn off when external power lost.

The second situation is caused by this. It saved the location because it stored the lat and long settings it picked up as the Home location. But, no route found is caused b the fact that you probably were not on a road when you set it. Since the map has no road for the parking lot, it could not find a route.

The solution is to drive from the parking lot to the road itself and then set the location as Home.

2/ I was in the car park of my hotel (about 150 feet from the closest road) and saved the position as "Home". However, when I tried to go "Home" later I got a message similar to Unable to find route. :confused: However, if I put in the address it was able to show me the way no problem. Anybody know why this happened? In fact, it's happened again since when I tried to save where I am currently working.
TomToms can be funny like that. I encountered this a lot, when "correcting" certain POIs, such as large shopping centers: they're geographically correct, but my TT can't route to them later.

Just move your Home location closer to the road--try halfway between its current location. Alternatively, place it on the road.

R?

Well, I have to ask what the firmware is that's installed on your unit. To check the version, tap the satellite bars. The next screen is the version.

As well, on my 720, battery saving preferences is on page 7 of 8 of preferences. On your unit, do have on or near your last page an icon called 'Show More Preferences' or Show Fewer Preferences'? Perhapsw, your unit is set to show fewer in which case select 'Show More Prefereces'. Once you do that, the icon for Battery Saving Preferences should appear.

I have a TT130s and the firmware version is V8.010.

Hmm, I only have 5 pages under preferences and no mention of a Show More Preferences. So maybe the 130s doesn't have this option. Not a problem, more of a "nice to have".

It actually say show more (or fewer) menu options, not preferences. I was incorrect before.

Try to look for it once more, just to be sure.

I've had another look, no joy :(

No worries, like I said it's more of a "nice to have". I'll just have to get all energetic and raise the hand to push the button :p

Thanks for the help.

I've had another look, no joy :(

No worries, like I said it's more of a "nice to have". I'll just have to get all energetic and raise the hand to push the button :p

Thanks for the help.

Ahh don't give up! There's no way a 130s won't have that feature and my One XL will. We can turn this "nice to have" to an "I have"

Here's a vid of me going to that options on my ONE XL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDGR7Tpo3A

I JUST uploaded it so it may not be processed for another hour or so.

Thanks for the video, but still no joy. I'm able to locate the 1st screen giving the selections of Never turn off etc but where you get another screen with the Turn off device when power is lost tickbox, I just go back to idle screen.
Hmmm...

To get it to turn off, use battery preferences-->turn off when external power lost.
As reported before, the "Switch off when external power is lost" command is ignored since some time now.

Thinking about it I wondered if the noautosuspend.dat file could be the culprit.
Following that train of thought I renamed it to .dot and then ran on battery only. No change.
Put it back in the cradle and puled the USB plug. No change.
Only other test I can think of is to have it in the car adapter, reaching a destination and then pull the plug.
I couple of weeks ago when I tested that during driving it did not switch of but at that time the noautosuspend.dat file was enabled.

Any other brain waves why it doesn't obey the "Switch off when external power is lost" command ? ===============================
EDIT (add on)
I can now confirm that the noautosuspend.dat file is the culprit.
Getting to a destination today I pulled the power cord and got the warning that the display "will switch off in 10 seconds".

Last edited:
Well, it's a year later and purely by coincidence I have discovered that the 130s does have an auto power down but it's in a really weird place.

Go to Change Preferences>Brightness Preferences and go through the settings until at the end there it is: Switch off when external power is lost :)

It took a while but I get there in the end ;)

Ask a Question