Unable to get updates

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
I've had my ONE for a month now. Whenever I connect it to my computer and open TomTom Home and click on "Check for content updates" I get the message: "There was a problem contacting TomTom PLUS. Please try again later."

Does this happen to others? I've tried it with my firewall (Sygate) on and off, no difference.

Thanks,
Jim

Are you logging into HOME with your TomTom account? ie. when you go to tomtom.com and log in there, are you using that same account in HOME?

Firewall shouldn't matter. it's connecting on an http connection...8080 or 80

try this. Go to tomtom.com and change your password, log out of tomtom.com then back in. To verify it took. Then try logging into HOME again. If that doesn't work, try changing your email on tomtom.com. Log out and in again, then try HOME.

If that doesn't work... try uninstalling home and reinstalling? but before you do that, let me check some files and the registry... I'll get back to you beofre you uninstall/reinstall. Post your progress...

I was thinking about re-installing HOME because when I use it, it says there is no TomTom content on my computer, which there obviously is, since I'm running HOME.

Thanks,
Jim

I remember having that problem when I first got my TomTom ONE. I installed home from the packaged CD and when I connected I got the error message you are getting.

What I did was install the latest version of HOME. Try that.

yeah.
you definitely should dl the newest HOME.
That happened to me as well until I downloaded the newest HOME.
I just couldn't figure out what was wrong... lol
I had no problem login in, for my email addy showed at the bottom of HOME
but when I tried to connect for updates, it always said it could not connect.

Jim,

Yes, download and install latest Home manually. This fixed my issue last night. Was getting same message you are with Home 1.2 that came on CD with One. I downloaded the latest Home and installed it and then it updated my One to latest and greatest. It's strange that Home kept saying there were no updates when it was obviously an older version.........

Thanks everybody, that did it! I uninstalled the HOME that came on the DVD with my ONE and downloaded the latest version from the TomTom site. Installed it, and all is fine now. Downloaded and installed updates with no problem.

Thanks again,
Jim

Ask a Question