Unable to get live services working on a GO 750

Hi everyone,

Since TomTom support is really taking its time (having me perform quite useless procedure's) I'm hoping someone here can shed some light to my issue.

I've bought a refurbrished TomTom from a German Ebay seller (I'm from Belgium myself). It comes with a one-year live subscription. The services only work when the TomTom is connected to the computer (I'm using TomTom home to "control" the unit). Here I can see that my services run up to 25/05/2012.

However, stand alone operation does not work at all. I'm getting these error messages:

WARNING:

Cannot connect to TomTom LIVE-services. Try again later.
Error code: 148

After I called TomTom, all worked for one whole day:) (I was not notified they fixed it, it just decided to work all of a sudden).

But today, I've got a brand new error:

WARNING::

There is a problem with your SIM-card. Contact TomTom customer service.
Error code: 111.

Please note I've translated the error messages from Dutch to English and so it might not be 100% accurate.
Anyway, the SIM-card does not seem to connect and I'm once more without Live.

Any tips to get this fixed will be very appreciated.

Cheers,
Jeroen

What version of sofware is loaded to the device as there have been issues with certain Navcore versions in the UK on the x50 models - Mike

It also may be that in spite of your previous calls, TomTom has not yet successfully associated your SIM card with your TomTom account. When we run into such issues here in the U.S., we must be very specific in our requests for a customer rep that manages Live device / account problems.

What are you seeing for your MNC/MCC, SIM ID, IMEI info? Are they all blank, or do they actually show an ID and a carrier ID?

Last edited:
The GPS sees a cell phone network (I've got 3 coloured blocks indicating reception).

SIM ID, IMEI and MODEL are not blank. Model says 00.01.06_EU.
However, status keeps indicating "not connected". MCC/MNC on the other hand _is_ blank.

The installed software version is app 9.058.568435.1, operating system 541764 (1030, 25/08/2010).

I find it a bit strange that it actually worked for a day.

Good news that most of those fields are populated. Still believe it may be necessary for TT tech support to re-couple your account and SIM so that the SIM's IMEI is accepted by the carrier.

Support has escalated it to level II. Hopefully that will get things going.

I'm beginning to fear that buying my TomTom abroad is the root cause for these issues.

Support has escalated it to level II. Hopefully that will get things going.

I'm beginning to fear that buying my TomTom abroad is the root cause for these issues.
Shouldn't matter at all. You're all on the same GSM system there (same frequencies, etc.). Your Live unit should work anywhere there's service in the EU.

Don't know about "Level II", but someone with specific experience in SIM and Live should be dealing with your issue as soon as you ask them to when you call.

I'm giving them another day to get it sorted before I strongly urge them to get it fixed.

It is probably just an administrative task they need to complete. Perhaps there are some mechanisms in place to keep roaming costs down in the sense of that they want the device to register a first time in the country of purchase. Who knows as I'm just speculating here.

I do feel this should be an easy thing to fix.

Ask a Question