Uk To Australia.

Hi guys, I have a TT one which I purchased whilst on holliday in the U.K. I am visiting Australia now and a friend has offered me the use of their Australia map, which is also in a TT one. Will their map work in my machine as long as I have their activation code or is it more complicated than I imagine.
Thanks

Hi guys, I have a TT one which I purchased whilst on holliday in the U.K. I am visiting Australia now and a friend has offered me the use of their Australia map, which is also in a TT one. Will their map work in my machine as long as I have their activation code or is it more complicated than I imagine.
Thanks

No it will not. The Australia map has been activated on your friends device and so when you try to install the map on your device, HOME won't allow it. Sorry for the bad news.

Hello and welcome.
The only solution would be to purchsae the map through HOME or from tomtom.com

Hi, thanks for the advice, not sure I quite understand you though:rolleyes: are you saying that despite having my friends activation code I still canot use their Australia map in my machine.? I am only going to be in Aus. for a few months and to buy a new Australia card would cost $272.00 U.S.!! which is a bit steep. There must be a way around this.
Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the advice, not sure I quite understand you though:rolleyes: are you saying that despite having my friends activation code I still canot use their Australia map in my machine.? I am only going to be in Aus. for a few months and to buy a new Australia card would cost $272.00 U.S.!! which is a bit steep. There must be a way around this.
Thanks.

Thats is correct, even if you have the activation code it will not work as that map is now tied to your friends device. This is how TT battles distrubting their maps for free.

Well, you can always just pop the card in and give it a try. I know that when TomTom sold maps on SD cards off their website, they would work on any unit. It's only when you make a copy to another SD card that you are asked for the activation code.

Maybe your friend could just lend you his TomTom for your trip!

Ask a Question