Tyre and testing routes.

Thanks for the links to the Tyre program. It is a great program but it is a little buggy at times. Once one gets used to it one can navigate around the bugs, Thanks to my fellow Frieslander Boersma. :)

There is one thing I want to point out when testing your route. There is a procedure to follow when testing the Itinerary. Before you load whatever Itinerary you wish to test you must first set the "Current Location" as the starting point of the itinerary you are loading.

If this rule is not followed you will see crazy loops all over the country side. It drove me batty until I figured it out.:eek:

If you forget to follow this procedure you will have to clear your route and then re-load it after setting the current location.

In your case, if you've passed one of the waypoint, you (must) can set that waypoint as "Visited"

I think you have misunderstood my post. I am talking about testing the route on the GPS, not when travelling. In other words, I am testing the route from my arm chair.

There is no need to mark the waypoints as visited when driving unless you start the itinerary at a different point on the route after reloading the itinerary as you are on the way.

I think you have misunderstood my post. I am talking about testing the route on the GPS, not when travelling. In other words, I am testing the route from my arm chair.

There is no need to mark the waypoints as visited when driving unless you start the itinerary at a different point on the route after reloading the itinerary as you are on the way.

You are right, m8 :) I misread your statement. Thanks for the correction.

Another question, if I'm currently sitting on my arm chair at home in MA and I want to test out the .itn file that from Washington D.C to Arlington, VA, how do I do it?
Set "Current Location" seems always be at my home in MA

Since this post is about the Tyre program I will explain how to do it from the computer on screen operation of the GPS first.

Connect the TomTom to the computer and open the TomTom Home program. Select "Operate My One XL" (or whichever model you have). When the screen loads you will see the "Set current location" button bellow the image of the GPS. Click on the button and enter the starting point into the unit at the top of the GPS screen, in your case the point in Washington DC.

If you wish to test the route directly from the TomTom GPS: tap the screen to bring up the menu, select "Change Preferences" and then select "Change Home Location". Enter your starting point at the top of the screen.

Do not forget to reset the home location back to your home when you are done testing your route.

Hope this helps.

If you wish to test the route directly from the TomTom GPS: tap the screen to bring up the menu, select "Change Preferences" and then select "Change Home Location". Enter your starting point at the top of the screen.

If NO satellites locked, then it'll ask for the starting point, which is GOOD, however, if having signals, it ALWAYS starts from the CURRENT LOCATION regardless of where HOME is, so changing HOME won't work, at least in my case. The only way is making sure there is NO satellite locked.

Personaly I Prefer to use Google Maps and Houghi to create my Itn files.
I then save those files to my Tyre folder and then open them with Tyre to view / and delete several way points before saving them to my TT ITN folder.
Tomtom and Google

Personaly I Prefer to use Google Maps and Houghi to create my Itn files.
I then save those files to my Tyre folder and then open them with Tyre to view / and delete several way points before saving them to my TT ITN folder.
Tomtom and Google

I bet that you have not created any .itn file lately using Houghi site, bro :)
I wouldn't say it screws up but difinitely has changed into the bad way.
As I reported a month+ ago, Houghi .itn now still has probems and the 2 most biggest issues are:
1. Always stops at the last turn to the destination, meaning it never reaches the destination, you must manually enter the coordinator of your destination.
2. Your designated waypoints mean nothing, meaning Houghi .itn automatically creates its own waypoints.
Because of that, Tomtom will give you another different route that what Houghi/GoogleMaps has plotted.

I bet that you have not created any .itn file lately using Houghi site, bro :)
I wouldn't say it screws up but difinitely has changed into the bad way.
As I reported a month+ ago, Houghi .itn now still has probems and the 2 most biggest issues are:
1. Always stops at the last turn to the destination, meaning it never reaches the destination, you must manually enter the coordinator of your destination.
2. Your designated waypoints mean nothing, meaning Houghi .itn automatically creates its own waypoints.
Because of that, Tomtom will give you another different route that what Houghi/GoogleMaps has plotted.

I Have used it lately however I still usualy move the start and finish point a bit with google maps before loding it in Houghi.

The reason I delete some of the way points is becauls tt doesn't like so many waypoints.
The other thing that I have found is that if you are using an ITN file created by Google maps/Houghi or Tyre you need to disable IQ routing or as you say TT will create it's own route and waypoints thus making the route you created redundented.

Send me a shield and I'll tell you .......:D

Oh, ok......Preferences-->Planning Preferences (about page 5 or 6), bottom right hand side says IQ Routes. Tap it and choose to enable or disable it ............

I Have used it lately however I still usualy move the start and finish point a bit with google maps before loding it in Houghi.

The reason I delete some of the way points is becauls tt doesn't like so many waypoints.
The other thing that I have found is that if you are using an ITN file created by Google maps/Houghi or Tyre you need to disable IQ routing or as you say TT will create it's own route and waypoints thus making the route you created redundented.
You made me feel really stupd, GarCor, really.
I have tried months, creating multiple .itn, wiggle/moving the source/destination addresses from all over the U.S. before loading to Houghi and 10 out of 10, they always stop at the last turn.
How could you possibly get it done without manually input the destination in the .itn file?

Last edited:
Send me a shield and I'll tell you .......:D

Oh, ok......Preferences-->Planning Preferences (about page 5 or 6), bottom right hand side says IQ Routes. Tap it and choose to enable or disable it ............

Nope, I do not have that choice, see attached image.

Attachments

• Planning Preferences.jpg
    Planning Preferences.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 361
Tell me again the application version, the model you have and the map version......

You need a Go model (7x, 9x) a map 8.15 or higher and application 8.3x for iq routing ......

Ask a Question