Two TomToms, One Computer

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
Please accept my apologies :eek: and point me to the proper thread if this has been discussed before:

We are getting a second TomTom. I know I will have to register it with a different e-mail than the first unit, which is not a problem for us.

I'm looking for advice as to how to use two different TT's on one computer. When I first connect the second TT to our computer, will it confuse/crash Home? How do I register the new unit the first time I connect it - without confusing Home? Will Home automatically detect which TT is connected to the computer (I like the auto log-in preference)? Can I set different Home preferences for each TT? :confused:

Thanks for any assistance.:)

You can set up 2 with one computer and one home installation.

The devices will be recognized and offer to be updated (except for paid material - like plus services accounts, maps, etc.) automatically when you connect it.

For the paid material, you will need to associate a different user name (email address) for each one and log into the correct account when the associated unit is connected.

You will use the account you set up for the new device to download and install the 30 day guaranteed map on that TomTom.

You can set up 2 with one computer and one home installation.

The devices will be recognized and offer to be updated (except for paid material - like plus services accounts, maps, etc.) automatically when you connect it.

For the paid material, you will need to associate a different user name (email address) for each one and log into the correct account when the associated unit is connected.

You will use the account you set up for the new device to download and install the 30 day guaranteed map on that TomTom.

Thanks, GAW. Wife and I appreciate your help. :)

Ask a Question