two tomtom devices, one home ?

OK, I don't know how to ask this without sounding like a pirate, so I'll just ask:

1) How can I set HOME to keep two devices sync'd exactly the same ? Same maps, same voices, same POI's, and -NOT- use a seperate account for everything ?

Reason:

I have 3 laptops, all macs, 2 tomtoms, and a few experimental devices I'm playing with too. All the laptops rsync to each other at night, with the most current files/settings copied to each other.

This means I can log on to any computer, and all the email (clients) are the same, bookmarks, settings, exactly the same. It's NICE. Trust me.

I want the same thing for my tomtoms. When I grab one (ok, i have three, but the third doesn't count as it's in pieces!) and head out the door, I don't want to have to look up an address, or hit the 'CITY' button. Just hit the favorite and GO !

GPS + motorcycling + gps = the sweetness.

Thanks for clarifying what can and cannot be done in HOME, and please skip whatever parts about "oh god you're a pirate, i won't help you!!!!1111" - as I'm not trying to be. :)

2) i guess the summary is - can I rsync all the HOME directories to the 3 laptops, and 3 tomtoms ?

Well, you cannot sync the maps to both as the maps are specific to each device.

I have a Rider and a One that I copy the favorites from one to the other. The favorites are stored in mapsettings.cfg file which should be in usa_and_canada folder (might be a different folder name, but it's that on my Rider and one)

So If you're looking to grab and go and have your favorites, having those files duplicated on each is probably what you're asking for.

Ask a Question