Two Tom-Tom's on one E-mail address

TomTom Model(s)
520 + 530
Hello,

I have a TomTom Go 520 and a TomTom Go 530. One of them is on a Gmail address and the other lives on a Demon Internet address. I'm leaving Demon, so I need to move it off Demon and onto Gmail. The TomTom site does not seem to want to let me do that.

Can someone tell me if it can be done, or I really have to register an additional E-mail address just to get my TomTom Go 520 off Demon. I wouldn't mind, but it has additional maps registered to it as well.

One more question. Does anyone know if TomTom have come to their senses and decided to provide TomTom Home for Linux yet?

Thanks!

Paul
~~~~

You definitely do NOT want more than 1 device per email address. Too many hassles in getting the proper updates to the proper device.

As far as associating one of your devices with a new email addy. ...

I think under normal conditions you can change the association of a device to an address once every 6 months. I suggest you call TT Support in the UK to work out the proper logistics in your situation so that no information gets lost in the shuffle between old and new address.

To Add to dhn notes.. You cant have 2 devices on the same account working at the same time.. SO PLEASE DONT connect it!..you can log into your TomTom.com account and simply change the email address on there, just click change my email address and it should just simply change it.. The small problem you will have it home, it does not like 2 devices, but as long as you dont associate the devices to the same account it should not be a biggy. IF you have NO SERVICE on your old email address then it does not make a huge diffrence creating a new account for it, the system knows your serial number and device code.

Have Fun

V

Just leave the devices as they are, treat the e-mail address as a user name rather than a true working e-mail account, I have devices registered that have e-mail accounts that aren't active e-mail addresses (in fact some of them were just invented and have never been used for e-mail) but the devices and their services still work.

There will be no problem leaving the old soon to be defunct e-mail associated with a device, if the e-mail account is closed so you no longer use it the TomTom will continue to work using the old (now defunct) e-mail address - Mike

HI All,

Wow! Seriously impressed with the speedy response. Okay, I can work with that. I had in the meantime come up with a work around, which was to associate the 520 with my wife's gmail address.

But I can't be the only person with two devices. I wonder when they will change things to allow TomTom Home to manage multiple devices... Maybe the same time they do a Linux port :)

Anyway, the main thing seems to be to treat it more like an ID than an E-mail address.

Thanks again,

Paul
~~~~

Anyway, the main thing seems to be to treat it more like an ID than an E-mail address.

Thats all I treat the e-mail address as - its a log in user name that has to be in the format of an e-mail address, as its locked to the device it is associated with it will allways be a unique combination - Mike

They automatically send receipts of HOME purchases (maps, voices, PLUS services) to the registered email account. So for proof of purchase sake, you may want to set up a new gmail acct for the second device and repoint the device with the defunct email to it.

Ask a Question