Two Map Folders On My XXL

TomTom Model(s)
GO920T, XXL 540TM.
I was updating my maps and during the download the system told me that I did not have enough space on my device. This has never happened before. Does anyone have any suggestions on which files/folders I can delete. I have 4.64MB of 1.91GB remaining. I have not loaded anything other than what came with the device. I have US_Canada_Mexico maps on the device. Unfortunately, the device does not allow me to use an SD card. Does anyone have any suggestions on which files/folders I can delete to free disk space?

Well, you could try removing all voices, especially computer voices, except for one you use. You can remove all car icons if necessary, everything in the license folder but not sure this would free up enough.

When warned that you don't have enough space, is there an opportunity to click 'continue' in Home? If so, do so and you should be offered the opportunity to install a zoned map instead of the complete USA_Canada_Mexico map.

See here:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12356/kw/zoned maps

Most start with Home, and begin by deleting all voices except for the one computer voice they will use. You can also get rid of any excess car icons and startup/shutdown pics that you won't use. Whether that's enough ... well, it probably won't be. Your unit will reserve 200MB just for code updates. I am surprised you got down to 4.6MB as it is.

However, your unit has reached the point where Home should be offering more than one map - various portions of US/CAN/MEX that, for example, divide North America in half E/W, or exclude Canada, etc. If that is not the case, you can call TomTom tech support to set you up with segmented maps as an option.
866-486-6866

Well, you could try removing all voices, especially computer voices, except for one you use. You can remove all car icons if necessary, everything in the license folder but not sure this would free up enough.

When warned that you don't have enough space, is there an opportunity to click 'continue' in Home? If so, do so and you should be offered the opportunity to install a zoned map instead of the complete USA_Canada_Mexico map.

See here:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12356/kw/zoned maps

DHN, unfortunately, I don't get then "continue option.

Most start with Home, and begin by deleting all voices except for the one computer voice they will use. You can also get rid of any excess car icons and startup/shutdown pics that you won't use. Whether that's enough ... well, it probably won't be. Your unit will reserve 200MB just for code updates. I am surprised you got down to 4.6MB as it is.

However, your unit has reached the point where Home should be offering more than one map - various portions of US/CAN/MEX that, for example, divide North America in half E/W, or exclude Canada, etc. If that is not the case, you can call TomTom tech support to set you up with segmented maps as an option.
866-486-6866
Canderson, thanks. I too am surprised that my device is so full. If I can't get the problem solved I will call TomTom and ask them for segmented maps.

Ask a Question