TTv3 40 yards or so off the road...

Hello!

My TTv3 developed a very strange problem the past 48 hours! It believes that I'm about 40-50 yards to the left of where I actually am. It gets very interesting driving down a highway, watching the arrow on the tomtom cutting through neighborhoods, woods, cemeteries, etc, all to the left of where I actually am. It gets very intersting driving through areas with lots of roads, since it will place me on roads that are up and to my left!

I update the quickfix weekly, and I'm running the latest versions of the map and firmware. When this is happening, it has full strength on the sat signals, and seems to be operating fine otherwise. I'm at a loss how to fix this! Any similar experiences?

It's been working flawlessly for the past few months - I have no idea what I upset to cause this! Its almost like it needs a re-calibration, if there is such a thing.

Thanks for the help!

Hello!

My TTv3 developed a very strange problem the past 48 hours! It believes that I'm about 40-50 yards to the left of where I actually am. It gets very interesting driving down a highway, watching the arrow on the tomtom cutting through neighborhoods, woods, cemeteries, etc, all to the left of where I actually am. It gets very intersting driving through areas with lots of roads, since it will place me on roads that are up and to my left!

I update the quickfix weekly, and I'm running the latest versions of the map and firmware. When this is happening, it has full strength on the sat signals, and seems to be operating fine otherwise. I'm at a loss how to fix this! Any similar experiences?

It's been working flawlessly for the past few months - I have no idea what I upset to cause this! Its almost like it needs a re-calibration, if there is such a thing.

Thanks for the help!

Tap the signal strength meter, then tap where the battery meter is, then tap the Configure button, then select "seconds". I've read that will make your position more exact for some reason...:cool:

I'm having the exact same problem! Just started happening in the last day. Anyone know anything about it?

You know what? A faulty quickfix file download a few weeks ago caused the same symptoms for many many posters here (including me). Bet it's happened again.

The 'cure' back then was to dl the next quickfix offered, the next day as I remember.

Glad to hear it's not only me! I assumed it was some type of quickfix error, since everything is operating normally otherwise. I'll update the unit tonight and see if it improves.

This afternoon it was operating normally again. I'll see how tonight's ride goes! For a few moments there I was beginning to think the world shifted a couple dozen feet to the left :p

This afternoon it was operating normally again. I'll see how tonight's ride goes! For a few moments there I was beginning to think the world shifted a couple dozen feet to the left :p

If your user name is an indication of where you are, it probably did on superbowl Sunday!:(

I had the same issue. Turning it off/on seemed to correct the issue, but it showed up again 15 minutes later. Another off/on cycle seemed to finally fix the issue.

I wonder if the quickfix is ever corrected with values transmitted by the satellites?

Me Too - but OK now

I think it was the GPS Quickfix update from Friday night or Sat morning. I ran it again in the evening and got a new update - all better now :)

I think it was the GPS Quickfix update from Friday night or Sat morning. I ran it again in the evening and got a new update - all better now :)

I did a quickfix on mine Friday morning before a trip and it was off and really pissed me off.

I could not get to a computer to get a new quickfix so my TT was useless on part of my trip. I just did today's quickfix update and I hope it resolves this problem.

Ya, the superbowl didn't go so well! I was never a huge sports guy, so it wasn't too devastating for me, but quite a few people around here were pretty depressed!

It's amazing how an error in the quickfix basically rendered the TT completely useless. I ended up turning it off until I updated the quickfix, but while it was running, it was basically reduced to a fancy digital map. Its too bad there's no way to 'undo' the last quickfix while you're in the car. That'd be a scary problem to have if it happened out in the sticks somewhere!

I suppose that's why I still carry a road atlas in my trunk. I'd never want to use it again, but its good backup incase of a tomtom-blackout.

(It's sad how naked I feel driving without the TT. It's like leaving home without a cellphone -I just don't feel right about it!)

When stuff like this happens, write in to TomTom about it. The only way they'll build in fault-tolerance is if they know there is a problem - especially if it renders the GPS useless...

When stuff like this happens, write in to TomTom about it. The only way they'll build in fault-tolerance is if they know there is a problem - especially if it renders the GPS useless...

Guess they rely on us to test their software instead of their own employees!!!
:D

Working fine now!

I was also off by about 40 yards in some places. I did the change to "seconds" in the satellite sub menue and also did the update last week. It's back on track now.

Ask a Question