ttsystem

Yes. This is an "old" application, but we will update further after that one.
Go ahead and download/install that application. Then do a proper USB disconnect of your device and plug it in again. Home should offer you yet another application. Advise the number of that one, please, and go ahead and download and install that more recent one, too. It will overwrite the older 6.560 version.

What we want (eventually) is to get you up to the latest application for your device -- 7.903.

thats the only application that home offers me and it was downloaded succesfully. as soon as it was being installed ttsystem error showed up.

below you can see what i see:

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Cannot create this file: F:\ttsystem
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1513)
Last Error is 0000045D Item metadata is <HOME2 version="2.9">
<program idnum="13020" idurl="http://num1.id.tomtom.com/13020" idstr="Navigator" version="6.560">
<title lang="en-GB" mimetype="text/plain">TomTom application for ONE</title>
<description lang="en-GB" mimetype="text/plain">The latest version of the application for your TomTom device. We recommend that you update so that you always have the latest features and the best performance on your TomTom. For a list of changes made in this application, see www.tomtom.com/6141 Note: If your TomTom or TomTom application has been adapted by your employer, IT administrator or any company other than TomTom, please check with the supplier before you install our latest application. This applies to any applications based on the TomTom SDK.</description>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/program/icon/program.png" usage="icon"/>
<download>
<url location="http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_6560_7914.cab" content="main" size="8561664" downloader="true" qos="0"/>
</download>
<size>8561664</size>
<targetdevice models="cork0 cork1024 cork512 one onev3"/>
<price free="true"/>
<supplier id="tomtom">
<name>TomTom</name>
<image mimetype="image/png" url="http://home.tomtom.com/media/suppliers/tomtom_supplier_icon.png" usage="icon"/>
</supplier>
<build>7914</build>
</program>
</HOME2>
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1513
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:81
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1060
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:76
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:68
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:15:44 GMT

By any chance have you accidentally bumped the "write lock" tab on the side of your SD card so that your TomTom cannot write to it?

If not, it sounds as though your SD card is bad. In that case, you will need to look for a new SD card, preferably 2GB, Class 4 or faster.

As to the other -- until your unit has successfully installed the 6.560 version, you won't be offered the later one, so you'll have to deal with the above problem first.

In this location: tomtom.com/home, on the left side UNDER the blue 'download' button is a small link to Navigator 1.6. That's what you should try to download.

i am using a 2 GB SD card 60X.

@dhn, should i uninstall the current home i'm using before i install the other one?

Do you think his copy of Home is defective? He'll have to switch to Home2 once he tries to get past 6.560 since Home1 doesn't play properly with 7.xxx firmware, does it?

well i did what dhn said. now i connected the usb cable and the only update i was offered was fpr the new version of home?
i cant click download for updates because its not active.

please, i'm begging help me. is there any other way of fixing it? im very desperate because the gps is not even mine.

Well, let's try this......

Download the freeware version of REvo Uninstaller from here: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Completely uninstall any Home 1 or Home 2 references.

Download a fresh version from tomtom.com/home (use the 'download button')

Install.

Use a USB cable on the back, not the front of the computer and you should be using the cable that came with the device.

@anon
What do you mean that 'this version doesn't recognise my device"?
It must, else it would not have offered the new application, so I am confused.

In any case, I think I am not surprised at what has happened. Are you there, dhn? Home 1.6 with version 7.XXX firmware is going to be an issue, I think.

@dhn
I need to leave the keyboard for an hour or two, so need you to follow up. The fact that his error messages previously seemed to indicate that it was not possible to write to his SD card at all seems to be the important issue to tackle first.

@anon
Ref my previous question. Is there ANY chance that you bumped the little write lock slide on the side of your SD card? If you did, it will prevent your PC from writing to the card, and will give the exact symptom you started with.

@canderson what i mean is that, when i connect the device and when i click "my device" it doesn't recognise it. all it says is "turn off the device and turn t on again". i did so and nothing happened. it didn't offer me an new application for gps, but the new version of home.

and no. i didn't bumped the lock

@dhn

i did what you said to me. i uninstalled and than i installed the home2.

please help me. you can't imagine in how big troubles i am.

And it still doesn't recognize your device when you connect to the computer?

And does the computer see your device as a removable drive?

no the computer can recognize it.

yes it recognize it also as a removable device.

the problem is that during the app update it cant create the ttsystem,
same problem when i try to update the voices, it cant create the voice folder

I think canderson is right when he says it sounds like a faulty SD card.

When you look at the sd card using Explorer, do you see anything on it? Can you write a sample file to it using Notepad and save the file on the card??????

i have already tried 2 SD cards.
the original one which came with the gps,
and one SD card which i had ut at home.

and i can save a notepad sample in them

when i try to make the update of the app it shows this:

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: F:\libaec.so
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1953)
0000045D
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1953
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:81
error(textOrException);