TTS Voice Editor for Vocalizer Computer Voices

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Interested in having a bit of fun and changing the built in expressions your computer voices make, such as "Turn around when possible"?

A member of another forum who created a Voice Editor for Garmin TTS computer voices has now created such a tool for TomTom models using the Vocalizer, NOT Loquendo, computer voices.

Go here for the thread. The link to his tool is in the first post.

Interested in having a bit of fun and changing the built in expressions your computer voices make, such as "Turn around when possible"?

A member of another forum who created a Voice Editor for Garmin TTS computer voices has now created such a tool for TomTom models using the Vocalizer, NOT Loquendo, computer voices.

Go here for the thread. The link to his tool is in the first post.
Sounds interesting. I don't have (or probably need) access to the other forum, but if you'd let turboccc know that I have compiled a lexicon for Loquendo phoneme pronunciation (interpretation of their odd characters and use of the alphabet to create the sounds), he may find that useful.

It's a file attached to msg #9 over in this thread -> https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6380

He's now a member of this forum as well, canderson. Just send him a pm.
Thanks for the heads-up. PM sent. Will be interesting to see how the project works out.

One gotcha -- when I've updated software, I've had the speech files replaced. It's necessary to keep a copy of any modified file just to be safe. Of course, those of us that keep full backups are already covered ;)

Ask a Question