TTS gone on XL350tm

I did the update per forum recommendations, everything was fine, and now the TTS is gone. Volume setting is irrelevant; I can't get sound even when testing for volume or voices. Any idea what's up?

Dumb question but what voice do you have selected? A computer voice? And what update are you referring to?

By "updates" I mean all updates to my unit identified by Tomtom Home after first backing up the factory settings and deleting all foreign voices to free up additional memory. The voice selected is, I believe, "Stephanie", although I tried to choose other voices, all of which failed to sound even if I try the "test" function.

Forget if that model has a Sound Preference icon and, if so, turn off sound is checked.

Are you saying the problem is solved? If so, good stuff....

Don't shoot yourself. Bullets are expensive. :)

Well, the problem's solved but that wasn't the answer. I just turned it off a couple times (and disconnected the power cable) and the voice was back.

Well, the problem's solved but that wasn't the answer. I just turned it off a couple times (and disconnected the power cable) and the voice was back.

For what it's worth, I've had a similar problem with my TomTom 350TM. I actually returned my first unit over it; the second unit had a screen that didn't work, so it also went back, but the third unit ALSO had the voice problem.

I'm assuming it's software at this point.

I do sometimes get partial instructions; every now and then, the GPS will scare the crap out of my by shouting "LEFT!" instead of a more useful "turn left in 200 meters."

One of the updates caused an issue with the volume level maxing out at 85%. If you have your volume set higher, that may be the issue. The latest update corrects this issue.

Ask a Question