TTR2 Won't Accept New Map

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
My TTR2 was purchased in 2007 and has a very old map. I attempted to buy the latest map and purchased a 4GB SD card for it. The TTR2 would not take the map. I tried another SD 2GB card with the same results. Tried both cards on multiple PCs with no success. TT support patiently ran me through a host of options, none of which worked. I was finally told by one service rep that some TTR2s just won't take a map.

I asked if I could buy a pre-configured SD card from TT; no. I asked if I can ship my card and/or TTR2 to TT to be configured; no. So basically, I'm stuck with an antiquated map that is WAY off the mark (I just rode a 6,000 mile trip) and no means of updating.

Anyone else experience this or have an alternative to offer?

Thanks in advance.

Can you describe what you mean when you say the unit 'would not take' the map?

Are you getting a 'no map found' error? Or what?

Can you describe what you mean when you say the unit 'would not take' the map?

Are you getting a 'no map found' error? Or what?

Thanks for the reply.

I can download the map, but when the TTR2 reboots, I get the yellow progress line at the bottom of the blue screen. The unit just freezes and has to be booted. The old map software will boot up properly.

If you are willing to play a bit (nothing ventured, nothing gained.........)

1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.
2. Make SURE you have the backup on your computer.
3. Delete the contents of the specific map folder on your unit using Explorer.
4.Use the information here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html
to install the new map

5. See if the unit boots properly.

Ask a Question