TTR2 blue Tooth head set mounting problem

TomTom Model(s)
Wife has a TT1. Me a TTR2
I recieved my Rider 2 about a week and a half ago. So far it seems to be worth every penny. The headset seems nice and clear and loud enough. I could hear it at 60 Mph anyway. My hearing is not the best either. That was also with a HJC open faced helmet on riding a Harley RK
The only problem I noticed was that the headset when installed on the helmet hangs below to edge of the helmet by about 1". This comes in conflict with my leather jacket at the shoulder and does not give me free head movement when looking to the left. This was something that had to be dealt with.
My fix for this was to cut the side of the helmet. (I used a Roto zip and a file to do this.) I cut a small notch out of the edge of the left side of the helmet where the headset would be approx.1-1/2 " long by approx. 3/4 " high. I made it so tight that it would stay in by itself if I chose to do it that way. This should not ruin the integrity of the helmet in any way. IMO. The padding on the inside of the helmet remains the same and not touched in any way. The headset now sits up in the notch cut out and finishes off even with the bottom edge of the helmet. Now by doing this it no longer interfears with the movement of my head. From start to finish it took about 40 minutes to do this being very careful not to cut any more out than absolutely nessary. I used Masking tape on the side of the helmet so not to scratch the finish on it and help me with the layout of the cut.
I hope this helps anyone else who might be experiencing the same problem.
...........TTR2

Ask a Question