TTR v1 how to remove the battery

I have a Tomtom rider v1.. great unit, however the internal battery is no longer holding charge.

Tom tom AUS support is not that great and i have sourced a replacement battery, i have the security torx bit but i can't get the back cover off..

Is there a screw under the device label ?

Could someone please advise on how to to remove the back cover so that i can install the replacement battery.

The unit is out of warranty so there is no issue there.

Try sending pm's to GAW or canderson, two of our battery experts here. They may be able to help.

I have no experience dismantling a Tom Tom rider, but found this information that may be of some assistance.
Pacific Coaster

Tom tom rider - FixYa

On the rear at the bottom of the unit are 2 hidden screws hidden behind round caps.

Remove the plastic lugs with a small screw driver to reveal 2 Torx T6 screws.

Gently split the case and remove the cable running from the rear 4 pin cradle connector to the motherboard at the 3 pin socket.

Now you can replace the battery easily.

Can you please post a follow-up on your success or failure with replacing your TT v.1 battery? I've also located a replacement battery distributor, ad am considering replacing mine soon as well. Thanks in advance...

Rubber-side down!

I need a new battery for my TOMTOM Rider and I was wondering where to purchase one? When I called customer support, they only suggest that of course I plunk down another $1000 for a second TOMTOM Rider when my first one doesn't even work properly!

Ask a Question