TTN6: No Dial Tone Using Smartphone

Discussion in 'Mobile Navigation' started by BOXADOR, Apr 10, 2008.

1. BOXADOR

BOXADOR

I finally got a T-Mobile Wing so I can use TTN6 properly with a touchscreen. I was previously using the software installed on a T-Mobile Dash and I operated the software using SPHelper. However, after some comparison, I notice that I can't use the "Call Number" feature when I use the smartphone (Dash). The feature works fine via the T-Mobile Wing. I can access the feature and find numbers to POIs but I can't call it because I get the "unable to call, no dial tone" message. Does anyone have any insight on this?

BOXADOR, Apr 10, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. BOXADOR

jim_chalil@hotmail.com

TomTom Model(s):
    Navigator 7
    Very interested in finding out more about the ROM on your Tilt as well as how you got Navigator 6 to work on it. I had Nav 5 fully working with my tilt when I had Windows Mobile 5 but after I upgraded the rom to 6.1 I can't seem to uninstall 7 which I have built into the rom to be able to install 6. Basically when I try to install 6 it says it is not supported with the device rom. I called tomtom and they said the HTC Tilt or Kaizer is not a supported device for their application, at least of Nav 6. So now I am stuck with Nav 7 and a teaser map of Chicago which is only good for a 40 or so mile radius from the city. This just sucks! I should be able to install 5 or atleast get maps for 7 of the US. I tried Nav 6 maps and that didn't work and I verified with tomtom to make sure there isn't a work around, so in the end I ended up returning my nav 6 maps and now I have 7 loaded with a teaser map of chicago, because there isn't anything else around for the US in nav 7.

jim_chalil@hotmail.com, Jan 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question