TTHome & New Update ??

I just found out today that there was new firmware that came out recently for the TT910 So I decided that I would install this new firmware. (Using tthome of course)
I have been using TomTom Home app with no problems previous to today.

Now the problem I am having is the tom tom home application will crash every time with a Debug Error! C:\progFIles\TTHome\TomTomHome.exe abnormal program termination
I get the option Abort, Retry, Ignore, clicking on any button will cause the application to crash.
This crash is after tthome scans the hdd of the 910

Now Like I said it was working fine 6 days ago
I also found that the tthome application will NOT crash if the GPS unit is NOT connected to the computer.
Also I can access the 910 hard drive directly through windows drive letter with no problem. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the tthome software with no luck.

Is any one else having any issues like this?
Any Advice ??

I could not see it being a virus as the system operates fine, it is the tthome software application that is causing the problems and crashing

But I did load up AVG and PC-Cillin and ran full scans of the TThdd both came back clean. I have no *.exe files on the tthdd

Any other ideas ?

Yes, Using the most current version
I am going to install the software on another computer to see if it will produce the same error

Copied this for the heck of it too
-------------------------------
* HOME info:

HOME Version: 1.5.106
Language: en_US
Service discovery server sweet.tomtom.com requires no proxy
Connection state: logged in anonymous
Loaded device dll: none

* Connected device: none

* Backup info:

No backups.

* Run-time variables:

sDeviceCode = ""
sDeviceMUID = ""
sDeviceType = ""
sLastConnectedDevice = "go910"
sLoginType = "Anonymous"
sUsername = ""
sSessionId = "7a1281ea:baba37bd:00000000:00000000:00000000:00000000:u756eudn7v744irhblvhkhmk64"
sBrowserComponentType = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
sFlashVersion = "9"
sSoftwareVersion = ""

* Number of outstanding timers: 1

2007-04-10T03:42:18, secs: 21600 (360 min), type: POLL, ID: PollTimer

So I installed the TomTom home software on another computer that has never been installed on before. To my surprise it still did not work and gave me the same Debug error.

I am using map North_America v665
and my firmware is at 6.524

Man this is bugging me

Reading from the last post, it looks like you don't have a back up.
If this is falso, restore your back up. Check for virus, then reinstall the update firmwire.

I do have 3 current backups of the entire hdd One from the default retail box state, another with all the new firmware and updates, and another after I had upgraded to the latest maps.
However I do not have access to my data backups of the HDD at this time. I am currently visiting family 1500 KM away from my home where my backups are along with my upgrade map DVD's.

I was not planning on traveling back for another 4 weeks.

Ask a Question