TT930 - Quick Comments

Just wanted to provide some quick comments about the TT930, which I've been using for the past several weeks.

When it works, it appears to be an acceptable unit. Unfortunately, "working" appears to be limited.

So far, I've encountered multiple problems in which the unit either locks up and/or constant power cycles itself. Or failing that, once it does turn off, will fail to turn back on without having to hit the reset button, and pray.

So far the recommended fix, delete and reload the application, as only made the problem more apparent and consistent - it now happens all the time, instead of occassionally.

So I finally have an RMA from TomTom for this thing. Except I have to foot the cost of returning what appears to be a defective unit, and they can't accept USPS. At least without incurring a "significant delay" because USPS delivers to the front of the building, instead of the dock ?

Extremely disappointed with the operation of the 930 and that I will have to pay 4x for having to ship via UPS/Fedex vs USPS

I would be willing to bet your running the 8.010 application....MANY people are having problems with the 8.010.

My 930 acted like this when I upgraded to 8.010....my 930 came with 8.002.

I reinstalled the 8.002 and my 930 runs perfect !

I would bet if you installed 8.002 on your 930 it would run perfect !

PSJ aka Marc

Aarrggghh!!

I really wished they had mentioned this when I speaking w/ Tech Support over the past several days. Instead all they had me down was delete and reload the application, which if nothing else, guaranteed I was running the most recent rev.

I've already sent the unit back under an RMA. If/When I get it back - how do you get an older version of the app ?

Ask a Question