TT730T - lost traffic sidebar

Hi - I have a TT730 paired with a Nokia 6300 (on Virgin network), and recently upgraded firmware to 8.351 (I have Western and Central Europe v830.2305 map)

Since then, my Traffic sidebar has dissappeared - all I get is a green circle in the top-right corner, which occasionally changes to a car with a moving arrow when Traffic is updatng
(see screenshot)

In map view, I can see traffic information (lanes closed, congestion etc),
(see screenshot)

Also, when connected using the RDS arial the Traffic sidebar shows as normal

I have had no success with TomTom support so far

Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?

-Tom

Attachments

• Traffic has updated but no traffic sidebar showing.jpg
    Traffic has updated but no traffic sidebar showing.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 371
  • Traffic is showing in map view.jpg
    Traffic is showing in map view.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 347
The traffic sidebar looks like it is there to me but with no incidents on your route there is nothing for it to display, try planning a route which you know has traffic problems on it and see what the device displays.

Connecting the RDS-TMC device to your TomTom will disable the GPRS traffic system as the device will default to using the FM based service - Mike

Hi Mike - I'm sure my traffic sidebar always displayed no matter wether there were incidents along the route or not

Here is a screenshot of almost the same route, but this time using the RDS thingy - as you can see, the sidebar is there despite there being no incidents along the route

-Tom

Attachments

• Traffic Sidebar with RDS Aerial.jpg
    Traffic Sidebar with RDS Aerial.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 389
Thats a new one on me as I have never seen this sort of behaviour from a TT with the RDS or GPRS based traffic service, the green ball indicates you have recent traffic data which the traffic map confirms, if you force a route through some traffic does it display that on the traffic bar? - Mike

My 730 using the Bluetooth Traffic only shows the "blank" sidebar when there is no traffic. Perhaps that's the correct behavior when using a Bluetooth internet connection.

I got the Bluetooth subscription a few months ago (back on app 8.302). In all the apps since then 8.302 / 8.350 / 8.351 it behaves as your are describing (green ball only when no traffic). I just assumed that was normal.

If you were using an app prior to 8.302 before your upgrade, the older apps may have done something differently before. Don't know.

As Mike's pic shows, the Tomtom must behave differently for Bluetooth vs RDS antenna.

The sidebar is still tappable as a shortcut to the traffic menu, even if blank.

I like the blank - it gives me half a width more of the map to see.

Last edited:

Ask a Question