tt730 Deluxe - problem installing latest map guarantee!!!

Try connecting the unit with the sdhc card inserted in a different usb port on your computer, one at the back of the computer if possible.

Your unit is on, isn't it?????

Well, I know it's late over there so I'll forgive you ..... this time. :D

Anyway, use Windows Explorer and go to the My Computer post and select the sdhc card to make the folder, etc.

HELP..........I'm losing the will to live

:mad: OK!............I followed all the steps "carefully" and when I try to extract the zip file to the new folder it stops after about four bars and say "error reading the file" :(

So.............................. I uninstalled everything from my computer and started afresh. I downloaded TT home2 from the TT website and downloaded the latest map guarantee again.

It's still the same......................... :(l

I want you to do the following........

1. Look in the map cab file to see the contents
2. I want you to delete this file: crpoi.dat
3. Next, try installing the map to the sdhc card using Home. If that doesn't work, try the manual install steps a few posts higher up.
4. Assuming you get the map installed by either method, go to this site and download the crpoi.dat file from there and install in the map folder on the sdhc card.

Hi , I spoke to a TT customer support guy and after a lot of downloading and trying to install ..............blah blah blah!................ he reckoned the device was faulty so I took it back and got a replacement :D

This is where I'm at...................... installed new map to SD card. Replaced crpoi.dat file as the original was corrupt and I now have my new map BUT I have internal memory and SD card memory :eek: why isn't everything on the card ??

This has been a looooong day :(

That is NOT a problem having the map on the sdhc card and everything else on internal. That's how I run my TT720 with the NA map on my sdhc card.

Now, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit (internal) to one folder on your computer. Make a second backup of the sdhc card (the map) to a second folder.

If I understand you correctly, you have achieved success!

(probably tired as hell.........but the weekend is coming! :D )

Ask a Question