TT730 and Blackberry Tour

I know the Tour isn't officially supported by TomTom for data services (very few phones are anyway), but has anyone been able to successfully get a TT730 (or any other TT) working with a BB Tour for data services. I have a tethering plan, but no go so far.

Enable discovery mode on the Tour, and initiate the pairing from the Tomtom.

See if the Tomtom says "wireless data" is one of the identified bluetooth services, then all you need are settings. If it doesn't, then perhaps the VZmanager app will update the phone so it works.

See the instructions here, it was for a different Verizon bb, but it may work.

Please post back with a solution if you find one, that phone has been giving some people problems.

Last edited:
Yes, the TT does ID the BB as "Wireless Data" capable. The BB tethers just fine to my laptop with VZAM. I wish TT would just spend a little more time working on phone compatibility. I think they'd certainly sell more data services if they did. I know I'd certainly get a few.

So did the settings in the link work?

a. Access point : vzw
b. username : (e-mail address removed)
c. password : phonenumber
d. Automatic DHCP and DNS
e. No script

Unfortunately, no they don't. The phone just isn't supported. I opened a case with TT support to see if I could find out what their plans on for support on some more modern phones. They are really way behind on that.

You have to ignore Tomtom support when it comes to bluetooth.

Their labs test a limited number of phones, and their support is trained to spend zero time assisting customers with phones that haven't been tested in their lab.

Most incompatible phones end up working, after trial and error of a few settings. If the prior settings didn't work, do these work?

APN: blank
username (e-mail address removed)
password: vzn
Dial number: #777
dialing script/string: blank

Thanks for all the assistance mvl, but I don't think any combo of settings is going to work. The TT can't put the BB into modem mode.

Verizon has been frustrating many members - with each firmware update they make Bluetooth DUN harder and harder to operate on the Blackberries.

Does Verizon still offer VZmanager? The earlier poster said VZmanager turns on Bluetooth DUN settings.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. Try everything again once the October BB Tour firmware update comes out.

Yeah, they do. That's what I use to tether the Tour to my laptop. Haven't tried to tether via bluetooth tho. Perhaps it's worth a shot to see if it does enable something.

Ask a Question