TT720 - Won't play navigation thru car speakers

TT 720 and built in XM radio

I have a Saturn Aura with XM radio built in. Is there a way to for Tomtom to cut sound to the XM station I have on when it gives directions?

Thanks

I have a Saturn Aura with XM radio built in. Is there a way to for Tomtom to cut sound to the XM station I have on when it gives directions?

Thanks

No, I don't believe so. I have a Sierra with XM. I run the TT with a output cable plugged into the head unit so that it can be heard on Aux.

In an attempt to stop the text-to-speech voice from stuttering, I removed and reinstalled the TomTom software in my 720. After one day of use, not only is the stuttering gone, but the voice commands now play through the cars audio system via FM transmission. I hope it continues to function this way.

If you go to www.TomTom.com/9091 you will see the instructions for removing and reinstalling the software.

That's because when you remove the application it downloads an earlier version first (as if you were rolling back the app to an earlier version). Unfortunately if you have maps 8.15 it powers back on and says there's no map. If you plug back into Home again it upgrades you back to 8.3 again.

In an attempt to stop the text-to-speech voice from stuttering, I removed and reinstalled the TomTom software in my 720. After one day of use, not only is the stuttering gone, but the voice commands now play through the cars audio system via FM transmission. I hope it continues to function this way.

If you go to www.TomTom.com/9091 you will see the instructions for removing and reinstalling the software.

This means you didn't upgrade to the latest NavCore, and if you have 815 maps, you are not using them at the moment.

I don't know which version of maps are in the unit, and I haven't reconnected to Home at this time. Thus everything is working, although perhaps with an older map version. I may just leave it this way with the hopes of corrected firmware in the future.

Ed

To see what version of FIRMWARE is installed, tap the satellite bars. The next screen shows the version. Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the MAP version and build installed.

This IRKS me big time. I got in on the BB deal. This morning when I first opened it and played with it it worked fine. I then send in my reciept and get all the new updates and I lose both the fm feature, except music woopie!, and I lose VR. I got the VR figured out and working but the FM thing is pissing me off. i will be watching this site close for a fix.
Caj

Belkin

I think I might try the belkin solution. I can get a cheap unit for around $25 and use the line out from my 920t. it's on back order but should arrive in next 2 weeks. I really need to use the newer maps which i can't do with the 8.10 firmware needed for fm navigation.

720 fm transmitter glitch

Maybe this is known knowledge by others but I just discovered a glitch today with the 720 I have the following firmware and software below.
App:8.301(9736/090114)
GPSv: 1.20
Boot: 5.5015
Map: North America v815.2019

My discovery is that this version of the firmware still allows turn by turn instructions as long as you navigate to the fm transmitter page it will broadcast over the radio. If you leave that page then it only transmit through the internal speaker. So there appears to be a glitch with their software so maybe someone will figure out a way to hack this someday or TomTom will stop punishing the US market and renable this feature. I would love to see if someone else can replicate this issue with the same firmware.

In some ways, customers are being mislead.

I suppose Everyone here should email TomTom to fix this as everyone wants it back?

Suggest that if is due to UK than put a IF statement when using UK maps but dont apply to other contries not involved.

They can argue that to COMPLY to most countries, BUT you just let them know, You should REDO all your boxes that stated it can do it and your user manual is NOT updated reflecting this. Customer should be told as well before buying this unit. We are as well justified to know what we are getting for paying top dollar for this. Otheriwse whats the difference using a normal TomTom XL?

I will email TomTom regarding this to show that THERE IS ANOTHER complain about this issue. I disagree about the FM being useless as mine worked pretty well just that instructions are not transmitting through the fm.

Hope more people bring this up to them if havent.

At least in the US I think we have legal recourse under implied warranty to force them to add it back in. What's needed is a lawyer who has a TomTom to file an action. If they refuse then he could file a class action.

At least in the US I think we have legal recourse under implied warranty to force them to add it back in. What's needed is a lawyer who has a TomTom to file an action. If they refuse then he could file a class action.
It's true that we do. Not sure what it would be worth, but as long as they're selling units that advertise FM modulator ability and then promptly disable that feature without warning through the updates that they strongly encourage their users to employ, I'd say they are on the hook for it. It isn't as though they haven't been put on notice by enough US customers by now!

There are law firms in California whose entire business revolves around making problems for companies over far less (and sometimes nothing at all) with regard to advertised features.

Ask a Question